New Dorcy at Target...

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was fooling around today at Target and noticed a new (to me) Dorcy Luxeon. I believe it was a 3 D cell and had a huge reflector in it with a Luxeon High Dome. I am not sure but I think it may have even been a 3 watter.
It had a nice look to it and had a titanium gray color to it. With such a deep reflector I thought it may throw fairly well however decided to get some input before I bought one.
I cant even remember the price right now but I am curious if anyone has sampled one of these and could give any information as to the performance.

gl22man

Enlightened
I haven't seen one yet but why not just give it a try and take it back if you don't like it??
Mike.....

Robocop

I found a review on Flashlightreviews site however the model there looks different. I believe it said super 1 watt on the package however I also think it may have said 3 watt.
I was in a hurry so I did not look very long at it.
I may go ahead and try it and return it if it is green or not very well made.
Regardless I have not seen one until tonight and the reflector size was a plus. I always seem to have an urge to get every new light I see.....will it ever end..hehe

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
my bro saw a brinkman at Target with three 1W luxeons in it.

-David

Robocop

Reptilezs that is the light and I have just found a few threads on it...thanks for the help.
It looks pretty cool and does also look like it could be modded very easily. I thought Target had cleared out all of their Dorcy lights however they had about 6 of these in stock. They also had the super 1 watt that uses 3 AAA cells.
I think I will get one of these my next off day. I have a spare TYOK that I may attempt to swap into the 3-D body.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Target today and bought the 3D 1 watt as discussed in this thread . I saw the 3 led 3D light and the package didn't mention the fact the the leds were 1 watt each like the "super one watt" that I bought or the "dorcy one watt" that runs on 3AAA. The package just said "3 led" and bragged about several hundred hours of runtime. I feel that they were just 3 regular leds. They were behind an optic that prevented a conclusive examination, however.

By the way, they had a new aluminum version of the Brinkmann 2AA led light. It is a twist on now. This one looks better IMO than the plastic version.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw it too, i think. it was 39.99 and had 3 5mm each with it's own reflector and one of those magnifying lens over each led.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm, my brother would never miss that. He'd know if it was a luxeon or a 5mm. We'll see though.

-David

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. I saw a Brinkmann 3-D Cell with 3 Luxeons. I am absolutely sure. In fact, the next time I go to the Target, Ill pick 'er up!

-tom

danielo_d

Enlightened
Here's the Link to the L.E.D.s by Brinkmann.
The one I saw at Target today seemed to be the 3D-3x5mm's L.E.D.s

If they do have 3 Lux's, I'll take a few. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Danno

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I caught a glance at the Brinkmann today. It's hard to be entirely sure with that optic, but the LEDs look to be 5mm. The fact that it's advertised as having "20x the runtime of a standard 2D flashlight" sort of proves it. Unless underdriven to 5mm levels (~20ma/ea), Luxeons won't get that kind of runtime.

It's also priced at $30 - not enough margin for 3 Luxeons alone at wholeale prices, not to mention an entire flashlight.