• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired tailcap mod needed/wanted

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...let me try this approach:

I have a standard SureFire lockout/twisty tailcap.
I have grown accustomed to my 2-stage Aelph tailcaps and the 2-stage Kroll modifications for a 2-stage clickie tailcap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

So, I'm looking for someone to mod my twisty tailcap into a 2-stage tailcap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Is that the Z-52 LOTC for the E1e/E2e lights? If so send me the tail cap and the McES2 kit.......I did 3 tail caps of my own.....for my KL4, E1e/kl1 and E2e/kl1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Make sure you send it with delivery confirmation....you know the drill...not responsible if lost in the mail.

Aloha,
Bill

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that is the Z52 LOTC for the e1/e2 lights.
Where can I get the McE2S kit? Do you have an EXACT part number and/or link?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, BugLightGeek.

You probably can find the internals/guts of the McE2S 2 stage switch(McE2S kit) at either McGizmo or Sandwich shoppe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Braddah_Bill said:
Is that the Z-52 LOTC for the E1e/E2e lights? If so send me the tail cap and the McES2 kit.......I did 3 tail caps of my own.....for my KL4, E1e/kl1 and E2e/kl1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Make sure you send it with delivery confirmation....you know the drill...not responsible if lost in the mail.

Aloha,
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the item you're referring to?
Will I need anything else (besides the resistor amount)?

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:
[ QUOTE ]
Braddah_Bill said:

Aloha,
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the item you're referring to?
Will I need anything else (besides the resistor amount)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the one...........you stated that the tail cap was mint so you don't need another rubber boot.

Know and understand that the McES2 2 stages are best suited for LED lights and not incandescent.....selecting the resistor is a personal choice as each board will give different results on different heads. I bought a 30 Ohm for my L4 with 2 X 123s and was not happy with the output, so I ended up getting a 22 Ohm which I really like.

I would suggest you go to the McGizmo forum and read the McES2 thread,then maybe even ask for feedback on what setup you are thinking about running ( KL4 or KL1 on a E1e or E2e body with regular or rechargeable 123s ).

When you are ready..... Email me from my profile. I'll do it for the cost of return postage ( approx. $5.00 ).

Please note....If you do send the tail cap and kit to me at least send it with delivery confirmation....insured would be even better, that way we both will be protected. I know from the JEERS section you already have one nightmare on you hands, which I _hope_ gets resolved.

Aloha,
Bill

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 60 Ohms in my Aelph tailcaps so I was planning on going with that. But, also leaning toward a 30 Ohm or maybe I'll take your advice and go with a 22 Ohm on this one.

I really want to find a 3x123 Aelph body but will probably end up going with a 2x123 in black.

When it gets to that point, can I have you assemble me an Aelph tailcap as well if I supply the tailcap & McE2S kit?
Does the black rubber boot come with the kit or will that need to be purchased separately?

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:
I have 60 Ohms in my Aelph tailcaps so I was planning on going with that. But, also leaning toward a 30 Ohm or maybe I'll take your advice and go with a 22 Ohm on this one.

I really want to find a 3x123 Aelph body but will probably end up going with a 2x123 in black.

When it gets to that point, can I have you assemble me an Aelph tailcap as well if I supply the tailcap & McE2S kit?
Does the black rubber boot come with the kit or will that need to be purchased separately?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rubber boot is an add on and I think its $5.00 extra in the price of the kit.

If you want to get an Aelph/Aleph tail cap later on it would be cheaper to just buy one from the Sandwich Shoppe complete.

Aloha

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
good point.
I still have this standard LOTC that I need to do SOMETHING with...I'll give it some thought & let you know.