so cops was at hosue yesterday

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had some concrete stuff stolen a concret basket and a small conctrette bench it was my step moms before i bought the place well i call her and tell her. she called cops i didnt even know she called to they arived at door lol.well a course he ask me to describe the stuff and my brain dont recall stuff like that.then he ask me to describe step mother. i cant even do that .i hope he dont think im a idiot my brasin just dont recall detail it is always wandering .i cany concentrate.he was nice though i didnt even no my parents addy cause i couldt recall it and i had to read mine from something i wrote it on.i feel kinda stupid lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, it's harder to recall stuff under pressure. If I had an LEO show up unannounced I'd be a little rattled and it would be harder for me to recall small details also. It's human nature. I'm glad to hear the officer was understanding.

Now what kind of flashlight was he carrying? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i so wanted to ask he caled today to get more info and i still didnt ask lol

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad they didnt arrest you for being under the influence. Sounds like you may of given them that impression.

I thought the cops were going to give me a hard time waiting for my ride on the street corner from the race my girl friend left me at. THey started asking the usual questions. What are you doing out here? Whats your name, where are you going, etc, etc. I blerted out that my girl friend left me and was waiting for a cab. THey quit asking questions and went to call another cab for me. THey said I had been out there a while. I told them i didnt have a watch and the race track said they called one.

A few years ago my mom called 911 than 411 for information. AN hour later a cop shows up. He looks around the house, around the property then comes to the door and asks if anything was going on. It took a few minutes for me to make sense of it as she left and I was just there. He looked inside, asked to see my id then left.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have a defective brain they cant arest me for that.hect if i had to describer the officer who came here i couldnt while he was standing there i can 1 minutes latter i cant.i just recall he was white and drove a black n white car that said gainesville

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

Now what kind of flashlight was he carrying? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! That's where I thought this thread was going. Rags, any one of your lights could've blown his wimpy Streamlight (or 6 D cell Mag, or 2xAA Mag) away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pay no attention to him reggie, the cops will break down your door and arrest you for resisting arrest and throw you in jail without your flashlights.

[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
The best thing to do when they show up is close the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hang me out as a cop hater..
I highly doubt Raggie will do that to the letter, they wern't there to arrest him, why would they kick down the door?
I have two pieces of advice Raggie:
1. Don't take advice from me when it comes to the police, I know my rights but tend to take advantage of them... If you didn't do anything wrong you can close your door, they were not there to question you. (don't attempt this if they are there to question you for something though.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif)
2. Never take advice from someone who will make you believe the police can simply knock down your door because you were confused by them, it's your house. It may be a good idea to tell them why you want your privacy though..
Do you live in a "dry" county? If not, then being arrested for being under the influence may be a tough arrest for them too, again, it's your house, they wern't there to give you a hard time, and I am glad they didn't. As people, they have free will just like you and I, but as LEO and public servants they have rules that have to be followed. Now, go have a couple beers and practice slamming the door.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
You did the right thing Raggie, Im sure you handled yourself just fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
(and I know you don't drink..) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one piece of advice. Don't take advice from people on a flashlight forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Other than flashlight advice !!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm pretty well aquainted with a Deputy Sheriff here. I trust him to do the right thing.

I here pretty gruesome stories about the Constables though.

That said, I was raised a "Yes Sir!" guy. Cops get that ALWAYS! Getting shot ain't my idea of fun.