• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Mag85 Bipin w/ Fivemega 9AA-to-3D adapter

03lab

Enlightened
I'm selling a like new Mag85BP, consisting of:

3D Maglite
Heat-strengthened UCL glass lens
MOP aluminium reflector
Bipin lamp / switch assembly from a Magcharger
Fivemega's 9AA-to-3D adapter
Charging cable and plug
Nine (9) Sanyo 2300 mAh NiMH cells
Six (6) WA1185 bulbs

mag85.jpg

Everything is in like new condition, the light has only been turned on a couple of times for testing purposes. Total runtime is less than three minutes, the Sanyo cells have only been charged once. All contacts have been cleaned and treated with Caig ProGold.

Asking $160

The package weighs over two pounds. That makes shipping within Germany $8, airmail within Europe $17 & worldwide airmail $34. Insurance for airmail will cost extra, I'm not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.

Thanks for looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*SOLD*

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag85BP w/ Fivemega 9AA-to-3D

Hello, would you be able to tell me how the Magcharger bulb holder withstands the heat made by the bulb for extended run times?

Thanks!

03lab

Enlightened

Hi Chris, I'm not sure because I never had the light on for more than 30 seconds at once. I think it's ok as long as the bulb is not inserted to far into the holder. I had the bulb pushed all the way into the holder the first time I turned the light on after assembly and the heat marginally burned the plastic disk of the holder, but it has been working fine since then.

03lab

Enlightened

Price dropped again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

rscanady

Enlightened

Those FM AA-D adapters are top notch. Free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

juancho

Enlightened

What is Craig ProGold and how is put into the contacts and how well they stay clean??
I am interested in anything that will upgrade the electrical path.
Thanks

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

juancho,

Caig ProGold products improve the contact path, by cleaning and preventing oxidation buildup.

They are a favorite of MrBulk as well as many electronics techs.

Here is the site:

http://store.caig.com/

Bill

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right,

I use Deoxit from Caig Labs primarily. I don't have many gold contacts and the Deoxit seesm to do the job. It still needs to be cleaned and refreshed occasionally in my experience.

I have dissected a well melted bipin socket and based on what I've found, the superficial melting has no effect whatsoever on performance of the socket. It is cosmetically objectionable to some, but the pin sockets extend so far into the slug that even if a substantial part of the socket between the two pin holes is melted away, the bulb will still be gripped securely. And at $10 a piece, when it eventually fails, it is readily and inexpensively replaced.

Wilkey

03lab

Enlightened

Like Bill said, it will clean and improve electrical connections and one bottle will last for a long time. I first came across ProGold a few years ago while I was heavily into high end audio and it does work as far as I can tell. Of course here in Germany I had to pay a premium for it, but it is well worth it if you order directly from Caig or pick some up from Radioshack.

*EDIT* Thanks for the info on the bipin slug Wilkey!

juancho

Enlightened

Great!!
Thank you all for the detailed information, I will stop at Radio Shack, tomorrow.
best regards
Juan C.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

In my opinion, no, it's not. Here's why.

1) You pay to play. To run a 30W bulb that is about 3.5 times the power level of the stock bulb, some consequences are to be expected. To get far superior light output, about the only cost is a cosmetically melted bulb socket. And as I have observed, this is does not affect functionality.

2) To break in the socket, I'd advise running it for a full 15-20 minutes with the head and reflector removed. This will allow any volatile compounds to evaporate.

3) Once you see the light this unit makes, you'll never look back. This is like nothing you've ever seen in a handheld light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

03lab

Enlightened

The Mag85 is absolutely awesome, in fact it is complete overkill for my small apartment in the midst of Berlin. It is more intense than my ceiling lighting (ymmv) and I hardly ever have a chance to put it to use like it deserves. If I had a backyard though, this light would definitely change my sleeping habits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know the Mag85BP I'm selling is not exactly cheap, but it took me months hunting for parts and it always cost me more because of international shipping. Unfortunately, shipping from Germany is extremely expensive as well and I know that puts the light over the top for most of you, but I think it's still a good deal if you are in Europe.

Besides, any self respecting flashaholic should own a Mag85. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03lab

Enlightened

You either remove the cells from the adapter and charge them in a common Ni-MH charger or you can connect the adapter with a charger capable of charging battery packs.

alauda

Enlightened

If you can accept PayPal, I would be very interested

Tony

03lab

Enlightened

Yes, I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif PM sent.