where to buy?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I know that there are many online dealers of good lights like surefire, streamlight, and others, but where can I buy these lights in real stores on the street. Is there a flashlight store or something, or do i just have to look really hard? my local sporting good stores has mainly headlamps by petzl, black diamond, and pt, but I've never seen any surefires in a store. Am I just not looking hard enough or do I need to look in different kinds of stores?
I'm not against buying on the internet or anything, I just would like to actually hold the flashlight before I buy it, kind of a test drive.

thanks

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of my local knife shops carry Surefires. That's usually where I have the best luck finding SFs.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both SL's and SF's websites have a dealer locator function that could tell you the dealers in your zipcode. You never know, there may be an LEO shop nearby that would carry most of these fun products! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I wish I could shop like that, Here, stores don't carry the high end products I so desperatly need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
I would certainly miss dealing with some of our outstanding dealers on this forum though, and lets not forget beating a path to the mailbox 20 times a day..
Good luck with your quest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stores that carry a large selection of guns usually also carry high end flashlights such as Surefire and Streamlight. Some knife stores also carry high end lights.

Real stores (commonly referred to as "brick and mortar") that carry high end lights are a good place to see different lights, but if you buy them there, you will pay through the nose as compared to online. A local sporting goods store here carries a large selection of Surefire lights, but they charge 80% to 90% more than you can get those same lights online.

General purpose sporting good stores usually carry few, if any, high end lights.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cabelas has a large selection of surefires, streamlights, and some Inovas. Look here:

www.cabelas.com

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NightLite

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine is going to Alabama for a couple of weeks, she was asking me about good flash light stores, can anyone recommend something in Alabama?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas everybody, I'll look for lights at those stores you mentioned, and probally buy online.
I live in Agoura Hills.
thanks.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
In New York both some Army Surplus stores and sporting goods stores carry Surefire. Several places also carry Streamlight. I bought a couple Streamlights at a hardware store in Manhattan. So that type store may have them in some areas.