A few VIP related questions?

naromtap

Enlightened
I've moved twice since I originally got my VIP & Twisty cap so lost all paperwork for both, for the life of me I cant remember wether I should use one of the donuts that were included when using the Twisty with the AA body with 2 AA cells?! I guess it would have to be at the Twisty end due to size?! If I rememebr right with the C123 body the donut goes at the top by the PCB Board.
I seem to recall a link in a thread to the original paperwork that came with the VIP, did I imagine that or is there one?
Lastly I bought some silicone spray to lubricate the threads with but a lil concerned about the paintwork warning on the can. Is silicone spray used by anyone else for their lights?

DSC00360.JPG

Great light.....shame I've forgotten how to use it LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

ddaadd

Enlightened
Use silicon grease instead of silicone spray, don't even want to get some sprayed on the reflector. I use the foam donut at the top for both battery tubes. I got my VIP set used and without paperwork, but would be interested to see it. I have used 2 x AA lithiums in the VIP for a couple months before I read that it was not recommended? Also read not to use R123, in time thank goodness. FINALLY got a BBH headed my way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif