After the U2 ultra, what next???

• Burger King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really hard to say on this one. I pretty much only eat breakfast at Mcdonald's, but I frequent them more often than Burger King, so I picked them. Actually, for me, the best burgers are either In 'N Out, or Tommy's (with the little shack) chili burgers, but these might only be in SoCal. I do, however, really like Burger King's Dutch Apple pie....mmmm mmmm.....

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
White Castle hamburgers (a.k.a., "sliders" or "skillet scabs") in the parts of the country where they can be had. Fortunately, my secret underground bunker is in the heart of skillet scab country.

As between McD and Burger King, I go with the latter. Though I've consumed many Big Macs, they now seem like a big handful of mush. I'll take a Whopper with some onion rings slid in there between the bun and meat.

best regards
me

nethiker

Enlightened
I use to eat a lot of fast food, use to work fast food too. But now if I have to eat out quickly, I would have to choose Subway.

Greg

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy to say I rarely eat fast food. Of McDonalds & Burger King, I pick McDonalds ... Burger King food comes up on me for hours afterwards, every time. Burger King, along with a few others like KFC, Carl's Jr., & Wendy's, are on my "never ever eat there" list.

I more often get sandwiches for fast food, and it's usually Togo's, which I feel is way better than Subway, which in turn is a lot better than Quizno's.

Joe

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subway, like them too. PF Chang's is hardly fast food, but I'll vouch for the delectability of what they're serving....wow, is it good!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i had to choose it would be burger king every time. i don't eat at any such places anymore, but in my misspent youth I far preferred their food. I think that McDonalds does better things with all your money and donates a lot more back to the community and such. But Burger kind has better food and at this particular moment better TV commercials too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too rarely eat fast food, but when I do, its usually at wendy's. Kinda stopped though after I heard about the finger incident /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Burger King has the better fries. McDonalds has the better constructed hamburger, but I prefer the taste of Burger King's more. McDonalds has the better breakfast sandwiches.

I almost started a thread on the loss of skilled check-out personnel at the cash registers. We've lost the consideration given in the past, when your change was counted back to you. Now, with the registers calculating the change, what you get is the money all shoved at you at once, along with the register receipt. You might and might not get a 'thank you', but regardless it seems that once they shove the change and receipt at you, they consider their relationship with you finished and you should quickly move on so they can start with their next customer. Such registers might help insure accuracy for the stores, but, in my opinion the transaction is generally handled in a rude manner. So, we've got the registers telling them how much to give back, but what if they can't count what you've given them?

This morning I stopped off at McDonalds. I decided I'd get a sausage McMuffin with egg. That's not a bad sandwich, and it's a good value at $1.25. I ordered the sausage McMuffin and a senior soft drink. The total came to $1.65

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a quarter, three dimes and two nickels and placed in on the counter. I then pulled a dollar bill from my wallet and handed it to the guy. He stood looking at the change on the counter for awhile. While he was looking at it, another man walked up (since he looked like the McDonalds assistant manager type, I assume he was boss). The boss retrieved my sandwich and cup for the soft drink, placing them in my tray. The man at the register had picked up the change and was staring at it in his hand.

I took my tray and started to leave, but the man called me back. He said "you didn't give me enough money". It was a dollar-sixty-five and you only gave me a dollar-sixty. I told him, "lay the change on the counter and let's count it"; which he did. I pushed the quarter from the pile and counted 25. I then pushed the dimes from the pile counting 35, 45, 55. Then pushing the two nickels, I said "65". The guy remarked, "but that's a nickel".

I said, "okay, let's do it this way". I pushed the quarter from the pile and said "25". Then I pushed a nickel from the pile and said "30". I then pushed the dimes from the pile as I said "40, 50, 60". Last, I pushed the last nickel and said "65". To that he remarked, "yeah... if you count it that way". I was just about to tell him to give the money all back and I'd give him a ten and let his register tell him how to handle it.

The "boss man" walked over and asked him "what's the problem". The guy said, he owes $1.65, and he's only given me $1.60. The "boss" looked down at the money for about two seconds and said, "that's $1.65; put it in the register". He walked off, probably mumbling to himself. I walked off and enjoyed my sandwich, and remembered how counting money used to be a requirement of operating a cash register.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Good grief; how sad. I've also heard many stores of customers going into fast food restaurants and paying for their $1.25 tab with a $2.00 bill and winding up in jail because they didn't believe it was real money! It's only a little more understandable since many fast-food workers weren't around when the $2 bill was introduced (and quickly flopped). But it's still legal tender, and those situations only reveal a lack of thorough training.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: I usually only go into McD's for their coffee or the occasional lowfat cone. I used to eat a lot of fast food but I don't any more, particularly since most FF restaurants don't offer a lot of choices for vegetarians. As far as eating out, I like Panera for their soups, middle eastern places for their hummus and baba-ganoosh (that's a fun word to say), and italian places for the occasional pasta.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Burger King has the better fries. McDonalds has the better constructed hamburger, but I prefer the taste of Burger King's more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, never heard anyone argue that BK has the better fries! McDonalds is the Surefire of fast food fries, IMO. In studies of fast food, McDonalds fries are often cited as one of the important reasons more people prefer McD's. The burgers definitely taste different between the two; I might not prefer one over the other, if the BK burgers didn't make me miserable for hours on end after I eat them.

[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds has the better breakfast sandwiches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and I'd say that's an understatement.

Joe

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
BK.

I like Bud's Broiler, too.

My fav from my youth is still White Castle, or Kristal, as it's called here.

On the other hand, someone should probably call Homeland Security about Wendy's. Their whole thing about putting a square patty on a round bun borders on seditious, IMO. It just ain't right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And they insist that it is somehow a "classic" hamburger. I don't know where they're coming from. I'm gonna watch 'em pretty close from here on in.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Finally a topic where I don't have to fake it, I'm a pro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I vote "Other"

Can't stand either one for lunch or dinner and haven't eaten there in 5+ years but would pick BK if it were a life and death decision. With that said, I do like the original Egg Mcmuffin. As far as chains go, give me Sonic or Whataburger for a burger but the downside to both of those is you can eat a decent meal at a restaurant for the same price. Firehouse Subs and Subway get my vote for the best fast food.

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:

Wow, never heard anyone argue that BK has the better fries! McDonalds is the Surefire of fast food fries, IMO. In studies of fast food, McDonalds fries are often cited as one of the important reasons more people prefer McD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both McDonalds and Burger King changed their fries. Burger King's for the better. You need to try a taste test between them. Burger King's will be the one with the best crunch. McDonalds' will be the one with the best squish.

nexro

Enlightened
Over here, the McD and BK are very different from those in the US. I would go for McD everytime. Prices for BK are higher and the portion is also smaller. In fact, I think the portion for BK meals get smaller everytime I visit them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyhow, I prefer McD's friends and burger too. There's not much variety here, but at least, you get what you paid for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't eaten at BK in so many years, you could be right. The last few times I ate at BK, the fries had more crunch, but the outside was way too thick and inconsistent, like it had some weird kind of batter on it. I imagine BK must have been gunning for McD's fries for years.

Latest posts