My CPF Anniversary Giveaway

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
So one year ago I showed up looking for a KL1, thinking it would be the last light I would ever buy.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif last light, HAH! I blame CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's my CPF anniversary (specifically, 6/11). And I need to thank all of you who have made me feel at home and treated me as one of your own. Nowhere else on the Internet have I felt this sense of community, fairness, integrity, honesty and many other things that remind me that there is still good left in the world today. I have learned more than I can imagine here, not just about lights, but about so many other things. I've acquired some truly awesome tools, both lighting and non-lighting, as a result of my time here.

It's time to give some back! This weekend I am giving stuff away - and instead of one big prize I have divided it into 4 smaller prizes so that more people have an opportunity to win.

The goodies:
1. Surefire G2 Nitrolon in black. I've heard things about newer ones having a LOTC but I'll leave the winner to find out
2. AAA light with 3 Nichia 9000mcd LEDs, LOTC/momentary/constant-on, light silver
3. AAA light with 3 Nichia 9000mcd LEDs, LOTC/momentary/constant-on, dark silver
4. Pack of 3 keychain lights - one white, one blue, one pico

I'll cover shipping by airmail anywhere in the world that my PO will ship to.

Those who participated in BC3011's ArcAA giveaway will find the giveaway format familiar. Hit this webpage - http://kevin.htgk.org/giveaway2.php - and bookmark it. The raffle will start 11 June 2005 0100 GMT and the web page will automatically open. Translation: 10 June, 18:00 hours PST and 10 June, 21:00 hours EST. I've tried to pick a good time zone but 'good' for one set of people may mean 'bad' for another set of people. But if the last raffle was anything to go by, you never know when's a good time to enter.

Enter your CPF username and your email address. You will receive your raffle ticket number by email. Hang on to this, you will need it to know if you have won. Tickets are free but you may only enter ONCE.

Once 100 entries have been received I will announce the winning numbers. You may refresh my web page as many times as you like. DO NOT REFRESH CPF PAGES as it will cause excessive load to the CPF servers and bring down the wrath of the admins upon you! The winners will be announced on the web page itself.

Ending soon.. get your tickets while it's still open!

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I'm a natural born winner! My birthday was 6/11/75!! I CANNOT LOSE!

You are a good man to share gifts with us on your cpf birthday, Kevin. I love this place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Thank you for spreading on the CPF spirit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

You're in S'pore yea? Just to confirm, is that 0100 11th June for us here?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are most welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

I eventually ended up with two KL1s and a KL4 (complete L4). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

11 June 2005 0100 GMT <-- it would be 1AM if you're in London. Apologies to all the UK CPF'ers, but like I said, I've tried to structure it so it's not date-sensitive. Last raffle, lots of people on the Old Continent got a shot at the goodies.

So if you're + 8 hours GMT, add it on, starts at 9AM.

Just to tease.. some pics.
anniversary1.jpg

anniversary2.jpg

(everybody knows how the keychain light looks, if you don't, click on the first link in my signature for the long winded description) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

May the luckiest four win!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif Kevin you are sure one generous & great guy to do this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Just make sure that I win so that you'll save on shipping./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yea, GMT +8... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif Thanks for that clarification Kev!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chesterqw said:
insert our email add and name where?

[/ QUOTE ]

hold on to your horses dude, it's not started yet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin, thank you for giving us all this great opportunity once again! And I forgot, happy CPF birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif!

nethiker

Enlightened
Happy anniversary Kevin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Greg

greenLED

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif Thanks, Kevin, and have a great CPF'rthday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

SciPug

Newly Enlightened
And I thought only Pippy Longstonging gave other people preasents on her birthday.

Happy CPF Birthday!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn man, you trying to compete with Britt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mighty generous of you! Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
How generous of you, Kevin. Now you are a member, in good standing, of CPF's exclusive club of those who have shared their wealth of flashlights. Ksbman and Britt, of course, come to mind but I can't remember others who have given away their lights.

BTW, I'll pass on this giveaway because I'm sure others will make better use of your lights and I already won a nice light from ksbman shortly after I joined the CPF.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Kevin!!!! Not entering to avoid diluting the joy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Larry

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Diggdug13 gave away a Mag85 on his calendar birthday. Now THAT is one big bright awesome light!

No competition, just inspired by the overall generosity of CPF, some by folks giving away lights, others by folks giving away their time and energy whether responding to my silly n00b questions or by supporting projects which I'm a part of like Larry and his switch guards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif LARRY! You need some generosity returned too! Go ahead and enter!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks raggie, I think you could use some of this stuff if you win.. do enter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The rest of you.. feel free to tell other CPF members who may not have heard about it, there's still time to spread the word. The only criteria is that you must be a CPF member.

Just like the last time, we'll wait for 200 entries before announcing the winners, so the faster it fills up, the faster you guys will know how it all went.

8 hours to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again to all for the best wishes.