LED replacement for maglite ?

vanman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I'm new to CPF, so maybe a stupid question : Is there any
LED replacement bulb for a Maglite or Mini Maglite ?

Thanks,

Dirk

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf!!!

There are a wide variety of mods for big and mini maglites here for you to check out.
For the mini, an MJLed kit would be ideal.
For the bigger maglites, an Everled from www.ledsupply.com ought to do nicely with any size and battery count you could ever want.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to Led Replacements, free shipping. Led Replacement Changed out my 2 beat up M*glites, 3C and 3D with DB-3W. New MiniM*glite with TerraLux TLE-5. Both simple drop ins.

dsc002652ny.jpg

dsc003206lj.jpg

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Welcome vanman,
I too purchased a few DB-3W's from Led-Replacement for my 3D Mags. The first one I put in for my 15 year old Mag blew me away. I was keeping this mag in the closet with batteries that were probably over a year old. Needless to say, the beam from that mag was pitiful on those batteries. BUT when I dropped in the DB-3W, it was like a caveman discovering fire for the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I mean there was no comparison between the stock mag and the DB-3W. I'm still on those old batteries and very happy with the drop-in. PLus Led-Replacement has reasonable prices and free shipping.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Vanman, welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For Minimag 'led-replacement' or 'sandwich' mod, please kindly check out my Dummy Reference Guide to Minimag Mod.

Have fun!

Btw, you probably have seen this famous motto: 'when in doubt, buy em' both' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cujet

Newly Enlightened
The only issue I see with those replacement units is that (from what I can tell) they are not regulated. I prefer the advantage of a steady light level until the batts are exhausted.

I use a 3D mag lite to assist in aircraft inspection. It is bright enough at first, but dims rapidly. I use batteries like crazy.

If there are any 3W drop in LED bulbs that are regulated please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Bob_G

Enlightened
The EverLED on a 3D Mag will put out about the same light you're used to, with the advantages of a regulated LED and a good quality product. It's not a 3W, but so what?

You want the Lambertian (high dome) - review is side emitter. BrightGuy is a good place as well as the above link for purchase.

Review