Just saw STAR WARS recently and. . .

Santelmo

Enlightened
being a TREKKIE myself, I had the evil urge to start a fanboy war! Mwaaaahhaaahaa!

Ok, who do ya think will win: A Klingon with a <font color="red"> </font> bat'leth or a Jedi with a <font color="red"> </font> regular metal sword (C'mon! Let's even things up a bit!)

Me? I say the Klingon has the Jedi for dessert!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Klingon with a bat'leth for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the jedi will use the klingons suicidal tendancies to fight for honor, and die with honor, against the klingon, and cause him to defeat himself by jumping around a lot until the klingon gets so angry he cant think straight and just does himself in honerably. when that doesnt work, the jedi can always hit him direct in the family jewels, a most unhonerably way to fight, and when he is folded over groaning, try and take a wack at the klingons thick skull.
ok then would you believe
the klingon will laugh at the small green man, and underestimate his capacity to utalize the strength of the force, when the klingons weapon is wrenched from his hands by the master of the force, once he loses his weapon to a little green man, he will be so humiliated, that when he returns to his ship he will start a fight with another shipmate, and they will both be killed. Jedi wins 2-1.

Santelmo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
VidPro said:
the jedi will use the klingons suicidal tendancies to fight for honor, and die with honor, against the klingon, and cause him to defeat himself by jumping around a lot until the klingon gets so angry he cant think straight and just does himself in honerably. when that doesnt work, the jedi can always hit him direct in the family jewels, a most unhonerably way to fight, and when he is folded over groaning, try and take a wack at the klingons thick skull.
ok then would you believe
the klingon will laugh at the small green man, and underestimate his capacity to utalize the strength of the force, when the klingons weapon is wrenched from his hands by the master of the force, once he loses his weapon to a little green man, he will be so humiliated, that when he returns to his ship he will start a fight with another shipmate, and they will both be killed. Jedi wins 2-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO!!! Nice hypo-mentary Vidpro!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jedi would win.

Old age would kick in during the wait for the copyright lawyers to figure out which studio's talent would get top billing. Once the contracts are hashed out, then they could fight. But dementia would have kicked in by that time.

or....

The Jedi would use the mind trick to tell the Klingon not to fight. That being a unknown concept to the Klingon, his brain could not understand and he would enter a catatonic stupor. Then the Jedi could slice him like a potato chip.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The klingon would win, after eating some of the horrible smelling stuff he would breathe on the jedi temporarily stunning him with the odor and them smack him upside the noggin with his elbow when he slips on the jedi's cape.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jedi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Then again.....how often do you see a Jedi fighting with a regular sword? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (with a lightsaber there's not even competition. lol) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrJ

Enlightened
Well if Bulma could find all the Dragonballs in time, then if...wait, that's a different one...never mind....

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif I personally hated those DragonBall shows, but that was funny. Good one DrJ!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
KAPLA - KAPLA

Today IS a good day to die!

Actually Samatha Carter would take em both down with a couple of shots from her P-90! (OK, maybe on the Jedi she would use a ZAT gun!

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Star Destroyer.Net BBS, Star Wars vs. Star Trek forum

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif

BTW, I vote Jedi.

Jedi: (waves hand) "Today is *not* a good day to die."
Klingon: "Today is *not* a good day to die."
Jedi: "I can go about my business."
Klingon: "You can go about your business."
Jedi: "Move along."
Klingon: "Move along, p'tak."

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by how much of a putz Warf was on Star Trek, and how few times he really kicked any ***, and how radically stupid so many of the Klingon's were on that show, I'm going to have to vote for the Jedi, with or without any kind of weapon.

Honestly. I could never understand why they made the Klingons so ineffectual. They're supposed to be these great warriors, yet, in so many situations, the Klingons on Star Trek were just not shown being either great fighters, or great warriors, and certainly never great strategists. Disappointing, really. Could have been done so much better.

Like, consider the Borg. Man, you were seriously afraid of them. THEY were a real threat, a real power. And the Romulons (sp?), even they were more formidable than the Klingons.

Pathetic. Don't know why they had to both effeminate, dumb down, AND over testosteron-ize the klingons. WHY??? WHY??? Someone PLEASE tell me WHY?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh....all the Jedi has to do is force-choke the Klingon to death, and the Bat'leth does the Klingon no good. And I'm a Trek fan first saying this!

DrJ

Enlightened
Warriors, if they are to be anything but ordinary, must draw upon the forces of nature to aid them...a warrior that fights for something he/she knows is right can have their abilities elevated to surpass other warriors of much greater power...in the extreme case, some would say that what is fated to be is what will tip the balance...and after all, don't the good guys always have to win in the long run?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
js said:
. . .how radically stupid so many of the Klingon's were on that show

Like, consider the Borg. Man, you were seriously afraid of them. THEY were a real threat, a real power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of being a warrior is to know stragity. I think in later ST episodes, the klingons show their wise side, but for so many years, it was "LETS KILL EM" type additude.

ABOUT THE BORG - I agree, that SF series in general has not seen a scarier villan since THE BORG. The RAITH, in SG:Atlantis comes close, I mean, a whole race that needs humans as food!

NOTE to STARGATE writers - NEVER make THE RAITH nice! I mean, when ST:TNG made the BORG nice (Remember HU?) Now Lore (Data's brother) was a mean villan. When he made the Borg nice, it worked, because LORE was the greater villan.

I really like Stargate, but Replicators, System Lords, etc, while bad guys, are not really someting to fear. I remember seeing the BORG for the first time, and that was true fear!

FEAR, not in a horror movie sort of way, but fear in that, I felt that the BORG could have defeated the Federation.

Hey, the DOMINION on ST:DS9 was something to fear also, at least in space.

Lumines

Newly Enlightened
Lightsaber or no, they always have the force... When we rule out lightsabers, are we also ruling out Vibroblades?

Latest posts