ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! SF UPDATES SITE

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.... SUREFIRE ACTUALLY UPDATED THEIR WEBSITE!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif There is now the E1L and E2L outdoorsman in the personal lights section. Although this doesnt seem much, it is a HUGE step toward being up to date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Edit: stupid me forgot to post the link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/362/sesent/00

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
More interesting, the Beast has found a permanent home in the Special Ops light section, as opposed to being a temporary ad on the front page specials box. No civilians need apply. Hmm.. perhaps that special run of 85 generated enough interest that it's now going to be a regular fixture?

PS: I also need to add another short note - SF has already been kind enough to present us with prereleased, unannounced information that is NOT made available to the general public at large. We're lucky to have this information flow. Comments like "why don't they ever update their site" and people calling to bug them about "I saw this on CPF and why don't you have it" are extremely unhelpful and only serve to annoy them - they're being nice to us and taking flak in return.

I'm not pointing out anybody specific here, but I'm saying that the impatience does nobody any good. Just wait. Patience is a good trait to acquire especially when waiting for something that always turns out to be good and worth the wait anyway. Making noise will not cause them to release anything early and instead they will stop telling us about it in advance. They've taken care of us and deserve a little better.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty cool that the Beast is a permanent addition. I was looking for it a week or two ago and was disspointed that it wasn't there anymore.......

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin:

While you are righ that SF is nice to give us new things before updating their website, you have to admit that they have been sending the same products we are bugging them about to dealers at the same time if not before CPF knows. They're not give us that much charity as much as we would like ot believe.

Updating their website on just two lights on JUNE 9TH of the year when the dealers already received the ligths back in january/febuary is hardly in a timely fashion. Do that in any other industry and your PR points would go down in a second.

I say it IS about time. I'm guilty of impatience as well if you consider waiting until the 6th month of the year for a company to update their website as impatience. It reflects poorly on a company that prides itself on world class customer service. I'm a SF faithful but not blind to their laziness in their Internet front.

But then again SF probably wouldn't care about the small share of the civilian market anyway, so we are all just praching to the choir to ourselves here...

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a new guy when it comes to Surefire, having just bought my 1st (but probably far from my last), but my gut is with 270winchester: above all else, treat your loyal customers well! As we say in Texas, "Dance with who brung ya"!

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
agreed. it's staggering the way surefire handles their website. I cannot begin to fathom their rationale behind not putting the E1L/E2L on their website sooner. If you're running a business and dont have enough stock to fill orders, fine-- put a little note saying "available soon." Keep your customers informed. Allowing third party vendors to introduce YOUR new product to market on THEIR webpage makes you look bush league. The fact that it's been six months before they bothered to make a 2 second update is breathtaking. Surefire's products and customer service are outstanding in my experience, it makes me wonder who fell asleep at the wheel with internet operations.

anch

Newly Enlightened
It is a little odd the the E1L and E2L can only be found in the Personal Lights area where the only other lights shown are incandescents. They do not appear with the rest of the LED lights. Hard to understand this reasoning. Great lights though

Anch

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of the frustration that some people have with Surefire is that they go to the website to look up the specs of various flashlights or LED heads--and those specs are woefully out of date. For example, the new KL1 puts out around 30 lumens rather than 15 lumens. Why did it take Surefire half a year to update those specs?

And still, there are serious problems:

E1/E1E Output/Runtime - Max 25 lumens output and 4 hours runtime (1 hours high output, then 3 hours of useful output).
E2/E2E Output/Runtime: Max 15 lumens diminishing to moderate light for 4 hours, then moderate light diminishing to minimal for 11 hours, then 50 hours minimal output.

From this text, it looks as if the KL1 puts out less light in the 2-cell configuration than with one cell. But we know that the opposite is true. They've mixed up the specs of the new KL1 with the old one. This is a mistake that could have been caught with a small amount of proofreading. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Newbies on CPF are understandably confused when they visit the Surefire site.