Peak Matterhorn vs MJLED

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how the Peak Matterhorn compares to a Minimag with an MJLED?
Is the Matterhorn 1 LED Ultra Power brighter than the MJLED in a minimag?
I ask this because I look forward to buying a Matterhorn but I can't decide whether to get the 1 led or the 3 led Ultra Power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is mainly because I'm not sure exactly how bright they are, and I hoped a comparison with the MJLED could help me decide.

Thanks!

chrisse242

Enlightened
With the mj-led in mind you'd be very very disapointed with the peak. These are totaly different animals, the mj-led is much brigther but needs the bigger light. It will outperform some of the early lux1-lights. Find a cheap coin cell light in any store near you and try it next to your mj-led, this will be about the same. Of course the peak is much better than any of those coin cell lights in most aspects, but it's not made to compete with the power of an mj-led.

Chrisse

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said but,, as a KC light the newest peak single LED 1xAAA lug I got is amazing. it will throw like mad, I don't why, but it can light up the side of the house next to me from roughy 50-70ft, bright, white, tied with HDS for best machining and finish work. I truly recommend this light. VDG