Big Lots:led/incan combos and NiMH

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
FOUND: combination lights with 16 leds & 1 krypton bulb OR 12 leds and 1 xenon bulb using 3xD cells. They also have 2xAA lights with 3 leds. All of those are aluminum mag knock-offs in various colors. They also had plastic bodied led lights with 3 leds that let you choose how many leds to light at once. That one ran from 2xAA also. The knock-offs' costs ranged from $3.49 for the AA to ~$12 for the xenon/led combo. The well reported cheap lanterns and spotlights were still present.

Maybe the coolest find was 8 packs of Energizer 2300mA NiMH AA's for $10.88

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw the foremost 2AA 3LED lights at $4.99 but didn't come across 8 packs but only 2packs of the 2300 nimh here. I have noticed at times they hold back stock until space is available for it while other times they put it out similutaneously at all stores at once. I bet if you scarf up a few packs of those energizers you will have people knocking on your door to buy them from you.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
that bottom pic looks like 'Cheapskate Paradice Flashlights' (CPF) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i wonder what the switch is like in those psudomags.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I gotta go lookie at the Big Lots around here (about 20 miles south actually!)

The LED/Xenons I have are all SL stuff, but I do have a decent cheap 3D with 9 LEDs. It even has a momentary/on/off switch. Rayovac Maximum Plus batteries rattle in it, making me think it would hold fat AA 4toDs. But then the LEDs would never take it.

THANKS! For the tip!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh pooh.

I hit a Big Lots in Spring TX. There was a slightly interesting 3 level (3 5mm LED) 4AAA light of plastic construction.

But no cool LED/Incan stuff or 3x123 Foresight stuff.

I did get a Foresight 2AA Incan (which except for knurling is EXACTLY the dimensions of a Craftsman 2AA that I have). With 2 Lith AA and some Scoth Satin tape, it doesn't hoover too bad. Came with 2 Foresight AA Alks for $2.99.