It may be WRONG . . . BUT (rant)

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might just be Different.

From another forum, where the college boys were trashing a persons totally unique albiet weird ideas, and designs.
I would just like to say , what the title says. sometimes ideas might SUCK completly, when your university BOOK, and common knowlege says , oh my, no! that is wrong, why our math and science proves everything.

But Science Came out of what was WRONG, Not what was universally (or university) accepted, those who cant DO, Teach, and those who cant Teach, just BUY :) and then there are those, who THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. and it is ONLY from them that we are getting anything NEW.

science says the world is flat, and black holes exist , PAHH, the hinderance by statements like this, is worse than any stupid ideas that anyone ever pulls off.

Guess how many wizz bang Pharmasudicals were being tested for COMPLETLY DIFFERENT things than what they are now used for today.

The smartest people i know, have gone beyond convention, they are complete idiots to some, genious to others, but ya know what, they make stuff or makes stuff HAPPEN, that YOU couldnt of DREAMED of , thanks to staunch rules institutions.

so here is to all the people who DO somthing totally "WRONG" and still make something that works, because someday somone will combine, extract, re-use, recreate, or improve them , and later the naysayers will be calling it the ONLY way to do something :)

so in the interest of REAL science , do something totally stupid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif just keep it safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

been looking at MCGizmos (genious) stuff that he DIDN'T make to sell, and man he has some really neet ideas in there.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That was a good rant. Yeah, the really inventive, creative people are always thinking outta the box. Or just smashing the box entirely.

Insurance mogul and philanthropist Peter B. Lewis said that "this country doesn't treat it's screwballs well," and he's right. BTW, he's one of the screwballs, a very sharp, whimsical, creative and very wealthy one.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is that not every screwball has their head screwed on right or even honest intentions to begin with. I respect those people who go above and beyond what is currently done or even believed possible to push back the frontier for the benefit of all of us, but the problem is, these few good people share the 'unexplored frontier' space with quacks, fraudsters, and those with far less than noble goals.

The other problem is that these good folks are then caught in the crossfire..

Whereas staying within the explored realm of science is so much more comfortable for others to the point where they have just decided to dismiss everything outside their realm as nonexistent or impossible. I have fought off those in their ivory towers telling me it's not possible..

BTW PW, nice sig.. I've only done UNIX though, but it really IS the best stuff on earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is what the issue was, the guy has investors.
in this case, in my opinion he was not a shuckster, he actually made soemthing and it did work, mabey it was stupid :) but it worked.
but the bookies, said he is a shuckster and they toss all thier science at him proving that he is of course.

because i dont "invest" in schemes, it dont bother me none, if i was an invester in schemes, i would certannly want to know if it was VIABLE.

But i have seen people fork over good money (invest) for nothing more than high-faluting ideas, on paper (that had no logic) so they must have more money than brains.
IF that money does possibly go to a huckster who accidentally creates either, an idea that somone else picks up on and actually makes something worthwhile, or really starts to create other than just sell, do we lose anything?

like movies are hucksters (so to speak), they show us stuff that does not exist as if it is our future, then 5 years later, some crasy guy DOES it ?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Not to hijack the thread Kevin, but I have to agree that for as weird as *nix is, it is VERY stable compared to you-know-what. I have to reboot my Linux servers on an average of once a year.

I also agree with you on the screwballs point; it's unfortunate that there's sometimes a fine line between genius and wackos, and it's hard to tell the difference, which can cause some unfortunate situations. Case in point is a certain high-profile trial going on in California right now.