• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Arc LS modder needed

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc LS that has been modded.
It has the original Fraen optic and a 3W LED. I don't remember if the power has been boosted to the LED or not.

I am in need of the LED being replaced with a better bin. The LED that's in there now is (to me) yellowish. I'd like a nice HID tinted LED swapped into the light and a current that would allow a nice bright light with an adequate run-time as well.

Ideally, I'd like the modder to accept this emitter as partial payment since I won't need it afterwards.

Anyone interested?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
BLG,

Is this the Arc with the one or two piece bezel. In any case, if you don't find and Arc pro to do it, I've done a few Arcs. The only thing is that I have no need for the luxeon. I do have TXOJ luxeons in stock and many of my customers have described their tint as being HIDish. PM me if interested.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, from looking at it, I think it's a 1-piece but I don't really know how to tell for sure.

PM incoming

M_R

Enlightened
BugLightGeek,

Litfuse and or CY are probably the resident CPF Arc moding experts, however if it's already been moded the hardest part has already been done(removing the locktight) and the LED replacement will be very straight forward. Tony does exeptional work should most definately be able to assist you with your request.

Cheers,

Matthew

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
BugLightGeek, I can help you with your Arc. "First Run" lights have a removeable bezel, the newer style is one piece.

I have TWOJ Lux IIIs available, which I think are excellent, but are not HIDish. You should use a true emitter in the Arc mods if possible, not one "pulled" from a star. You might also want to consider swapping the Fraen for a reflector. The reflector provides a much more practical beam for most uses.

Like Tony, I have little use for LED that will be coming out, but I'm pretty sure we could work something out. Send me a PM if interested.

Peter

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
First run mods are a bit tricky since they suffer from (I forget the term--I think it's called flex failure) intermittent connections. These can be remedied by using a piece of berrillium to take up any slack. What happens is that as the cell is compressed, it pushes the circuit away and cuts off the negative connection. If you modders do encounter a first run, this is a fix.