• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *ALL SOLD * TYAH POP2 Version 2.25 sammies $59.95

cgpeanut

Enlightened
I have the last 10 brand new Latetest POP2 Version 2.25 sammies with TYAH single TPS73601 LDO that runs @600mA Max.

These are the LAST 10 POP2 Version 2.25 sammies I have and quite possibly the last ones that will ever be made.

img_0831.jpg

First to post "I'll take it" here, takes presidence over pm's

$59.95 shipped anywhere

paypal address: [email protected]

Runtime on these are less than 2 mins just enough to test all the functions.

These sammies have the same dimensions as the regular sammies the shoppe sells, They work with 14500, 1-AA rechargeable, R123 li-ons with output voltage of 3.7 volts as well as regular CR123 lithium batteries or 2-AA NiMH or 2-AA Alkalines because the TYAH lux has a low input voltage Vf of 3.00 volts

These Sammies will work with the Firefly 2, CNC123 and Minimag bodies.

You can easily EDC a FF2 and with the features of the POP2 software the combo will be hard to beat I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

img_0813.jpg

POP2 + FF2

MiniMag and FF2 as hosts for POP2 sammie

POP2 Sammies-1

POP2 Sammies-2

POP2 Sammies-3

POP2 Sammies-4

POP2 Sammie with CNC123 as host

Glowing Sammie

For more info on what the POP2 is all about please check this thread posted by DJPark.

POP2 (PIC-O-PWM V2) with PICmicro Dual UI

Features

- LDO based constant current regulation with li-ion battery
- Dual selectable UI (traditional and simpler version)
- 7Hz Strobe mode (instead of previous 5Hz).
- Easy access to the default high and low brightness mode
- Last brightness level used is remembered when turned on next time
- Modified SOS mode (shorter pause between characters)
- survival mode with minimum current flow and lowest brightness for really long run time
- User selectable low mode brightness level
- optional burst mode for short duration brihter light output
- Provision for future firmware upgrade without replacing the controller IC

OPERATION:

1st ON = default level (low)
2nd ON = alternate level
3rd ON = low level brightness selection
4th ON = strobe mode
5th ON = sos mode

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Re: Last 10 TYAH POP2 Version 2.25 sammies $59.95

Hi, Cgpeanut!

Just curious how many ma will be going to the TYAH when the sammie is on 'high' with Nimh? And what is the runtime for the sammie on 'high' with 2 Nimh batteries?

Thank you in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened

@AuroraLite,

I'm using the two 2500 mAh from my digital camera "Canon A95 it uses 4 AA batts" in which I took about 40 pictures.

Looks like it's drawing 100-150mA out of the 2500mA used cells but the light is still constant and it's been on for about 25 mins.

I will post pics in a bit.

EDIT Now adding pics:

POP2 on 2-AA 2500 mAh
Stock MiniMag
EnergizerNiMH Rechargeable

It flickered twice after about 45 mins but stared back up again at the same light ouput, Yes NiMH will work but not as bright as using a li-on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

@rick258, Got your paypal, shipping Monday, I guess you liked the R/O POP2 Sammie you bought from me before nice to have a return customer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

@Cameron, Got your paypal as well, You have to remove the two-stage switch using a small allen wrench or else the microcontroller will get confused, check you email on your second question.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent.
Do you think I need to remove the 2 stage switch from my FF2? It has never worked correctly with the light acting like it is not there.
Yaesumofo

DaveT

Enlightened

OK, I've got to try this. I'm in for one.
Paypal sent.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

yaesumofo,

Yes you have to remove the hi/lo switch on your FF2 using a small allen wrench. I think it was 1/16.

I also used the o-ring sold at the sandwich shoppe for the FF2 instead of the original c-clip to keep the POP2 in place. Definitely recommend the IMS reflector over the frean or nx05 lens.

Another FF2 user told me to use a small metal magnet at the negative contact of the CR2 or 123 body instead of soldering a big blob on the postive contact of the board. Tried it and it works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif also tried a copper washer that works too.

Also added some green glow powder to all the sammie.

img_0797.jpg

cgpeanut

Enlightened

@this_is_nascar, got the paypal shipping Monday Morning Thanks you!

@DaveT, Got the paypal as well shipping Monday.

@Yaesumofo, Got it Thank you.

I believ there's 2 left.

Maximum

Enlightened

Can you add a second one for me please.
Same specs. and shipping.
PP will follow.
Thanks

cgpeanut

Enlightened

@Maximum,

Got the 2nd PP thanks, setting up your second POP2 sammie now shipping both Monday.

1 left

DaveT

Enlightened

Hi CG - can you tell the size of the small magnet needed, or better yet, recommend a source/part number for the magnet? Also, a few more questions. I haven't had a Firefly yet/before. When I order all the parts, do I get or avoid a two-stage switch for it? Any assembly or equipment specifics for this sandwich to work best (I see you say O-ring sted C-clip, and reflector sted optic).
Also, this sandwich is OK with the CR2 body of the Firefly, right?
Thanks
Dave

cgpeanut

Enlightened

DaveT,

Shoot, Just got back form the post office. All packages have been mailed via Priority Mail for U.S addy's & 1st class for international addy's.

Yes, no need for the two way switch the POP2 has multiple brightness thus you can set your hi/lo there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a matter of fact people that have the two way switch have confirmed that the FF2 will accidently turn on in your pocket when pressure is applied against the head. With POP2 this eliminates this feature or bug depending on which camp your'e in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The magnet I used, are those found in rapid L.E.D flashing lights you get from the mall. You use the magnet to attach the flashing lights to your cloths.

You can also solder a contact button as shown here.

img_0779.jpg

I will try Digikey and see if they have a part number I can pm you.

Another option is a copper washer from lowe's or home depot.

Use the one that's small enough to fit the FF2 body and thick enough to eliminate the rattle when you screw the head in.

Yes, the sammie shoppe sells the o-rings and other parts here.
FF2 Sandwich Shoppe Web Order Page

Definitely recommend the o-rings, cheap and effective /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif no risk of damaging the POP2 sammie.

As for the reflector, you have to use a dremel tool to shape it to fit the FF2 copper head.

Here's a good set instructions from a fellow CFPer gregw Thanks! it works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"I modded an IMS 17 for my FF2 because I didn't like the beam when using the Optic. It took about 1 - 2 hours of filing and shaping to get it to fit properly, but in the end, I am very much happier with a perfect beam.

The IMS 17 is too big for the FF2 and you will need to do the following:

1. Cut off the legs completely. Nail cutter works well.
2. Using a file, start filing away from edges of the reflector to thin it down as much as possible. Do the filing wet so there is less friction and easier not to overdo it.
3. Once you have the top/middle portion of the reflector as thin as you think is possible, try test fitting into the FF2. You will probably find that it will stick out a little bit from the brass.

There are two ways to handle this.

Option 1: Reduce the height of the brass piece so that the reflector stick out the same distance as the optic and will be the one to hold the glass tight against the O-ring.

Option 2: Reduce the height of the reflector so that it "just" fits into the brass piece. You will need to find a thicker replacement O-ring to go in front of the glass so that it holds tight against the brass. You can find this at the Sandwich Shoppe.

I've used Option 2 on my FF2 since I didn't want to risk damaging any part of the FF2, and besides, an IMS 17 is less than $5, so it is the much cheaper one to replace in case I screw up. "

DaveT

Enlightened

Hi CG - thanks for the quick response - that helps a lot.

I'm trying to read up on these POP sandwiches (somehow, I've managed to completely miss any reference to these up until I found this thread and bought one). Please forgive my super-basic questions.

As far as accessing/swapping through the modes of the UI, if this is hosted in a Firefly, that will mean twist on/twist off for each command, up to 10 times for the final mode? I've never handled a FF2 - is this one-handable, or will multiple twistings demand a two-handed approach?

And this is sort of a general question to folks - what will be your choice of host, and why? FF2 because it's smaller? CNC 123 because it has the Kroll and momentary ability?

And while I'm at it on the Kroll - will a momentary on count/work for accessing the various levels of the UI? So if I on/off with momentary 10 times quickly, I'm at the end of the UI selection list, or does it have to be a full on/full off for each step through the UI?

If I put it on momentary on, then decide I want to latch at that first level, will latching it on keep it at that level or be counted toward the next setting on the UI?

Thanks in advance folks.
Dave

cgpeanut

Enlightened

DaveT,

No Problems at all, Yes Using the 123 Body the FF2 can be turned on/off using just one hand plus the kurling on the light makes for a better grip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A lot of factors affect the chioce of hosts, I use the FF2 because it's smaller compared to the Arc-LS, CNC123 Nuwai Q3 using the same R123 powersource and I happen to get one at a good price in CPF B/S/T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CNC123 is on closeout again good price for the HA III version the nickel plated one looks nice too.

Cutdown Minimags it offers longer runtime using a single AA li-on battery, plus with a 20mm IMS reflector installed throws further and brighter hotspot than the smaller reflector.

DaveT a Momentariy Switch is used to activate the POP2's menus check out this thread for more technincal details.

Aleph with POP2?