solitare mod question

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done several of both mod one and two, and it does still get pretty blue but not as bad as mod one.

Last night i did a couple more using AW's 3.7 (4.1-2 off the charger) volt AAA
li ion, and having used them in some existing mods i strongly recommend them. Runtime is way longer (i let one run for 3-4 hr's and didn't seem to dim much, and were still lit and pretty bright when I checked after a 4 hr nap)

It's nice not having to deal with the spring, and short batt, and have great runtime.
And they are almost as bright or equal to even the 12V mod.
plus the saving's is nice, I don't feel so tense running it on for long period's of use like I did with the M21/23 and knowing the little batt is burning down.I don't know much about electronics, but this setup seem's to work much better and easier to maintain. VDG

VWTim

Enlightened
So are you running the Li Ion DD with a 5mm LED? I'm thinking of doing that with a 26Mcd LED. Right now I have a 26 Mcd running off 3 of the button cells out of a M23 cell. Pretty sure it's overdriven a bit, although the output is similar to my Dorcy AAA w/ 26 Mcd.

greenLED

Flashaholic
That looks like a blue LED in there. I've done a couple of these, and the results are OK. Not super bright, and you get decent runtime with a resistor. If you use a 5mm LED it'll be brighter and you'll have to enlarge the reflector's hole so the LED fits. Using the Li-ions sounds nice, but I haven't leapt in that direction yet (at least not with AAA).