My arc 4 broke!

bonehead212

Newly Enlightened
I know this will sound dumb. Changed the battery, a little gold disc lookin thing fell out, and I cannot seem to make it work again- is there an o ring or something I lost? Is there a place to send it to have it repaired?
Thanks,
ethan

chrisse242

Enlightened
I guess you unscrewed the tailcap to change the battery. It's better to unscrew the battery tube from the head, because the switch consists of many parts. If one of them is missing you may encounter problems, but they can easily be solved.
Did you put the gold disk back in? It's the essential part of the switching mechanism in the tailcap because it insures contact.
Everything else that is located in the tailcap is just there to push the cell towards the real switch in the head of your light.

A pic of the parts you still have would help a lot.

Chrisse

bonehead212

Newly Enlightened
WOW! I was trying to put the loose lil gold disc in FRONT of the battery! Put it in the back, now it works! Not sure for how long, but thanks so much for the help!

83Venture

Enlightened
I have not been able to get my ARC4 working since the last battery change. I wonder if something fell out I did not notice?. Any pictures of what a complete setup consists of?

chrisse242

Enlightened
Cy has a good pic in this thread: web page
There are parts for two switches on the left side of the pic in the first post, the small washer seems to be an add-on from cy. Anything missing in your arc? Did you use another brand battery this time? Maybe you're just experiencing the unpopular switch problems. Try another battery that is longer or shorter than the one you're currently using.

Bonehead: You should be fine from now on. Just don't open the tailcap again unless you need to.

Chrisse

83Venture

Enlightened
Thanks Chrisse & Emission, I will look at it when I get home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif