Happy birthday Darell!!! :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hi Darell,

Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, and hope you find a really cool light under the tree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif ...o wait, wrong holiday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

You're not accepting PMs, so I'm posting this publically. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hope I didn't screw up by doing so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif Many happy returns! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Birthday there, Angus Lightfoot.

Hope you have time for one or two Fat Tires but more importantly, a big fat nap.

--------

- Jeff

Darell

Flashaholic
Craig -

Now... honestly - did you remember BEFORE the giant blue announcement in the corner? As a kid, my mom convinced me that for the rest of my life, everybody would hang their American flags out for me on my birthday. And sure enough - she was right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Normally a BD is just another day in my life. This time it seems like it was a much bigger step!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Enjoy the fact of getting older that is once again smacked right into your face ... just as every single year before and after this one, untill one year, it simply stops.
Make the days before that year count! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Darell, you are a gift to this place and I enjoyed every moment of your presence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
bernie

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Craig -

Now... honestly - did you remember BEFORE the giant blue announcement in the corner?

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it was *just before* the giant blue announcement appeared in the corner.
So I really *did not* screw up by starting this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another year older and what have you done? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Let's see...shape shifted...sprouted flashlight legs and organically processed cow pies.... donned a Sasquatch suit.....posed provocatively against a lamppost.... picked up and bankrupted another satisfied customer/acquaintance/friend? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seriously Happy Flag Day!! Oh and Birthday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

How is the lumbar region doing?
How about a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon11.gif to make it feel better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
Darell, you are a gift to this place and I enjoyed every moment of your presence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
bernie

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Bernie... but now I'm confused. Aren't YOU guys supposed to be giving ME the gifts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

You guys are making my day. :hug:

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
How is the lumbar region doing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes! Good plan. Let's turn this thread into a "what part of Darell aches the most" deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif We could be here all day!

I'm doing way better, thanks... but still taking it slow as I can... which isn't all that slow, of course. I drilled 12 holes in the Rav this weekend, and then removed my instrument cluster to begin swapping in LEDs for the incandescent instrument lights, and then last night I repaired the coolant pump on my band saw. For me that's taking it easy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
I'm doing way better, thanks... but still taking it slow as I can... which isn't all that slow, of course. I drilled 12 holes in the Rav this weekend, and then removed my instrument cluster to begin swapping in LEDs for the incandescent instrument lights, and then last night I repaired the coolant pump on my band saw. For me that's taking it easy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely not taking it slow. We're talking at least 3 hrs of work & bending the 4 decade young structure in all weirde shapes to remove the dash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Happy Birthday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheery beersday from the brew state (of mind). Darell, you are one of my, numerous, favorites at the CPF. Thanks for your esteemed and often humerous assistance.

Because anything that I might give you for a BD gift would so pale in comparison to what you've given us, I won't even try. Cheap, cheap, cheap...that was my bird. Hey! That's it...I can give you my bird. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, I know we've discussed birthday/ages before, is this the big four oh, or do you have another year's saving grace?