Any smaller size head than K1 for Vital Gear FB1?

SciPug

Newly Enlightened
I really like the Vital Gear FB1 body, but the SF K1 head is too big for my liking. Are their any smaller diamater heads that will work on the Vital Gear FB1 body?

Thanks.

dbrad

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any smaller size head than K1 for Vital Gear F

An Aleph 2 head is slightly smaller, I think. In diameter anyway. might be about the same length. I'll have to rush home and check- I'm really not sure now that I think about it.

NetMage

Enlightened

The smallest I know of is a custom Chop ExE mod. Send him an ExE head and he can bore it out to hold an Aleph Light Engine and a reflector. Small and bright, plus selectable converters.

Kiessling beat me to it! (Nice pics.)

Here is Chop's original article:
Chop Exemod

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Chop's Exe mod:

chopmod.jpg

chopsize.jpg

bernie

Kiessling

Flashaholic

tyler ... my old L1 head is a bit slimmer at the waist but apart from that just like the Exe head above ... ?
bernhard

SciPug

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the info. I think Chop's EXE mod looks sweet, but I'm still looking for something smaller. Hmmm. I guess there's no such thing as MY perfect flashlight, yet. I sure do love the looks of that FB1 body.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

This should be as small as it gets with an E-Series compatible regulated LED light.

You might want to move away from the E-Series realm in order to include smaller lights ... or take the CR2 battery into consideration?
A very small and well-built as well as affordable solution is the JIL light here ... it is my EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernie