Replacement bulb for SF 6P

D

**DONOTDELETE**

After using the 6p for about a year now, I have accumulated a few blown Lamps. After some investigating, I found that the bulb pops out of the lamp assy. Does anyone know were I might find a xenon bulb that will handle the 6 volts and fit to be resoldered into the lamp? I have looked aroung the net, but to no good.

Gandalf

Enlightened
You might try a lamp from a Underwater Kinetics 2L light. They are smaller than the SF lamp, but you migh be able to ake it work. The UK2L is rateed for 3 to 4 hours with 2 123's, so you'd have less light, but longer runtime. I have several of these 2L's, and I like them a lot. They are surprisingly bright for the burn time. Obviously, not in the same brightness category as a SF, but it might turn out to be a very useful reduced output lamp. You can buy the UK 2L from
brightguy.com
and cost $6.50
Another thought is the Sccorpion lamp. It's a bipin only (The UK has a reflector) so it may be easier to work with. It's a bit larger in diameter, which means enlarging the ceramic base of the SF reflector; a ceramic , tiny Dremel tool would work. Don't try drilling it; the ceramic is harder than steel, and will just crack and break. Good luck, and please report if this works. I wish I had saved one of my burned out 6P lamps; my first one didn't even last to the third set of batteries; which means I got less than three hours out of it
frown.gif
mad.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Gandalf,

I agree with you about the UKE 2L. I think it's one of the best compromises between runtime and brightness, and in a tiny waterproof package. If you're particularly interested in runtime in a small incandescent, are you familiar with the Bison 2C? I don't have the site handy, but it's a very small 2C light with a propriatory
bulb, adjustable focus and that bane of all flashaholics- a non-faceted reflector. (When will these manufactures get the message?)
The point is, even though the beam is undistinguished both in quantity as well as quality, that light gave me solid, useful light for more than 5 hours!

Best regards,
Brightnorm

mikep

Enlightened
The Brinkmann LX and Princeton Tec Surge use 6v bi-pin lamps

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikep:
The Brinkmann LX and Princeton Tec Surge use 6v bi-pin lamps<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, the Brinkmann LX lamps aren't yet available (that I've been able to find) and the Surge lamp is about double the diameter of the 6P lamp. Good suggestions, though.
wink.gif
The Brinkman LX lamp might be a workable one, when it's available.
frown.gif

Latest posts