How to remove the lens from a new 6p

gl22man

Enlightened
This might sound silly but how do i get the little ring that holds the lens in place on the 6p off?I bought a nice crenalated bezel like the e2d for my 6p but it has a plastic lens and i want to use the pyrex lens from the original 6p bezel.
Mike...
Mike...

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, you're using the cap lifter as a spanner wrench. Put the lifter "hook" in one notch on the retaining ring and tilt the cap lifter down so that the other end (the screwdriver blade) fits in the notch opposite. Maintain a little bit of downward pressure as you try to unscrew the lens retaining ring so that you don't let it come loose and damage the retaining ring or the lens. It should come loose fairly easily.

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
Is there any other way to do it. I don't have a knife that will work, and i'm wrecking the ring on my G2 pretty bad.
This thing seems like its on pretty tight.

there must be as easy way.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search on removing a ring that has adhesive on it. There is one method that uses hot water. There maybe others.

firefly99

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pipesmoker said:
use a cap lifter of Victornox knife, took me 2 seconds!

[/ QUOTE ]
use the Flat screwdriver with wire stripper blade of Victornox knife, turn anti-clockwise to loosen, just replace my G2 len with the UCL len. Did not see any glue, it is just hand tighten.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
A pair of snap ring pliers works well too. Or a small pair of needle nose pliers.