Correct lens size for replacement in Nuwai Q3 ?

islw2863

Newly Enlightened
I am going to replace the stock reflector and lens in my Q3 with the smooth reflector in 'Sandwich Shop' to get more T H R O W. I learned about this mod right here at CPF and that the correct size for this application is 20 mm.

But I can't find a reference to the correct replacement lens size either here or at the 'Sandwich Shop'. AND do I need to replace o-ring when replacing lens? Size?

Please enlighten me. . . <font color="blue"> </font>

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
IIRC there are two different versions of the Q3 ... I own the older one and use a 21.3mm UCL Lens from flashlightlens.com in. About the newer ones, I´ve no clue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

The 21.3 UCL is a little bit too small, so that the lens lies loose in the head, but screwed together, it´s fine ... no rattling. A different o-ring may help.

Before that I´ve tried a 22.6 mm UCL, but I had to grind the lens approx. half a millimeter down. As expected, this "torture" caused the lens to break after some weeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My light is apparently the newer one and it too uses the 22x1.6 but 22x1.5 would work with no noticeable difference. Any thickness (or thinness as it may be) difference could be made up for with a thicker O-ring.