OK, I'm a bit let down..then....(spoke with Inova)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I\'m a bit let down..then....(spoke with Inova)

having been completely been sold over by the Inova T4 as a decent Police rechargeable light I just happened to surf over to Inova's web site.
I click on the Police/tactical link and get the PDF.
Reading the PDF there is a statement about the T series being water resistant

Except for the T4
what's that all about. how can you expect Police to use a light that isn't water resistant ? We get in and out of our cars in the rain, we use A/C all summer blasting and get out of a car and instant condensation. Some of us work areas where we can't avoid harsh environs. Yet you still market the light to us? While I love the light and I will carry it for a while. I'm back to searching for a Water Resistant Rechargeable belt mounted duty light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OK, I\'m a bit let down........(spoke with Inov

After I made the above post I decided to drop a dime and give Inova (Emissive) a call.
The woman who answered the phone was very friendly and nice.
I explained my concerns about the T4 not being water resistant and she asked me to hold on for a minute (actually it was several minutes).
When she returned she explained to me that she spoke with the some of the guys who designed the thing and was told that it is in fact water Resistant but since they had a bunch of guys using X series lights as dive lights it was decided to mark the T4 as not water resistant because it can not stand up to being submerged. It will hold up to be bing dropped in a puddle or stream. It will hold up to being out in foul weather.

My faith has been restored /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

BTW, I suggested that Emmisive needs to design a series of bezel accessories for these lights. to be a serious contendor in law enforcement things like filters and traffic cones are needed. 2 hr run in a rechargeable while working a wreck is nothing to sneeze at.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened

Greetings!

This sort of thing just BURNS me. Why can't the industry adopt a water rating system that says exactly what it means?

Water Resistant = Resistant to water and splashes, NOT submersible
Waterproof = Submersible

So easy... so simple... so plain... so clear. Why are people (especially marketing "geniuses") such f***ing idiots?

Best wishes,
Bawko

Bradlee

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:she explained to me that she spoke with the some of the guys who designed the thing and was told that it is in fact water Resistant but since they had a bunch of guys using X series lights as dive lights it was decided to mark the T4 as not water resistant because it can not stand up to being submerged. It will hold up to be bing dropped in a puddle or stream. It will hold up to being out in foul weather.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great to know, thanks Madecov. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I know I'm pretty confident getting my T4 wet, and would even feel confident submerging it if the charging contacts and switch were covered with some sort of tape.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto, when someone reads the title, they will think that Inova did let you down.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Atomic_Chicken said:
Waterproof = Submersible

[/ QUOTE ]

Submersible to what depth?

There is no such thing as 'waterproof' as everything has an ultimate crush depth.

Siggy77

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

Waterproof = Submersible

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same situation with watches. All watches that are "water resistant" even dive watches are marked "WR" (water resistant) + depth rated to. (30m, 50m, 100m, 200m)

From what I understand, it developed as an issue in the 70's. Someone got sued about the watch not being "waterproof" so everyone now marks them as WR.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand the difference between Water proof (nothing is)
Water resistant, some things are and have a max depth rating. Even this is subjective based on currents.

My main point is that the PDF on Emissive's web site states that the T series is water resistant with the exception of the T4.

I'm not looking for a light I can swim with. Just a degree of protection for normal duty use.

In any event I am pleased with the light and the answer I received

I also changed the title of the post