Would any beamshaper fit T4?

Bradlee

Enlightened
Although I realize the T4 is meant to be a spot light (and does so very well) I would also like to be able to use it as a general area light/ floodlight. Would anything like the Surefire F70 Beamshaper fit?

According to the specs, the F70 looks a touch too big, but has anyone actually tried this, or any other beamshaper/diffuser? I guess I could use some sort of spacer to make a slightly larger diffuser work, but I don't want it to look too out-of-place on the end of the light.

Thanks,
-Brad

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I recieved my F04 for my Kl1 (am I really talking like this?) and I am very impressed. I would have to assume the diffuser I recieved today (surefire brand purchased from an outstanding CPF member) is composed of the same material as the rest they supply, only larger/smaller.
When I first popped it on the light it looked a bit odd, but this is only because all the rest of the countless hours I have spent staring at it had changed.
Turned it on.. WOW! I don't know how I managed this long without it. I was carrying my L4 and E1L for the past while, now I can comfortably leave the L4 behind and manage a nice throw and simply adding the diffuser to achieve a terrific flood light.
My advice, do it.

Bradlee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
Today I recieved my F04 for my Kl1 (am I really talking like this?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Soon enough: "So yesterday I recieved my 3rd U2 and..."

Thanks for the input. After trying a couple of my lights with some scotch tape (real high tech, I know) I really like the way the former spotlights produce a diffused beam. If I remember correctly, the F04 has 1" diameter, right (which would be too small for a T4)?

-Brad

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, 1". My point was the quality that the Surefire diffusion is terrific, and that I would have to believe that if you chose a larger diffuser from surefire it would be of the same material.
The F04 is tiny, but it's the only one I have.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif