• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold - Custom Cr2 light for sale

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Edit***
I've dropped the price to $140

Hey guys,

I've been bitten by the Cr2 bug, so here's another Cr2 light.

I suppose it's nothing special, except that it was hand turned on my trusty mini lathe, with the help of my drill press doing double duty as a mill.

It was turned from T6 aluminum stock. The sink was also turned from aluminum, but the converter housing was turned from brass; and it houses a micropuck, which drives the TXOJ Lux III at 350mA on a fresh battery.

I suppose that my goal with this light was something practical that would give decent runtime with a Cr2 cell. Exactly what the runtime is, I don't know. I just finished making the light. I can say that the micropuck draws 500mA at 3v from my bench power supply. As you will see in the pics, I attached a McGizmo clip to the light using some nylon cord. I couldn't find my baggie of split rings.

The reflector is a turned down McR20. The gasket was turned from delrin and the lens is a 1.5mm thick 18mm diameter mineral glass.

I'm not making any representations about water proofness, although I would say that its splash resistant. I can also say that the micropuck converters are tough little buggers.

It is of a twistie operation and is a single stage. Although two stage switches are pretty cool, I don't use them much so haven't devoted much time to developing one. Maybe on the next one.

For the pics...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The light broken down into its component parts...
picture.JPG

Here is the light next to my modded E1e...
picture.JPG

I'm asking $170 for the light, as shown and shipped via Priority mail.

I'll take paypal cash or credit, but credit card payments have to cover the 3%+ in fees.

The firs to post with an "I'll take it," gets the light. PM for payment details or questions.

Thanks for looking,

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Cr2 light for sale

What a cute little thing you have there.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
And you claim you are not a "Master Machinist". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliments guys, but I'm really no master machinist. I just enjoy making lights.

Still in all, no interest in it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I guess I'll let it sit for a while longer, then try ebay.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I'd like to move this on CPF if I can. I'd like to move it quick. I'm dropping the price to $140.

bwass24

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it Tony. I love the one I just received.

PM on the way to you.

Thanks