goes on rampage smashes every toilet in world

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok the raggie rampage has begon hide ya toilets nowwwwwwww i am so frustrated with thease toilets another new toilet and flaper leaks.i did the dye in tank thing also it ran even after the flush valve shut off it came with the ball **** valve i replaced it with a used flkush matis type and perhaps i fixed the thing where it would still run after it shut off i mean it kept filling tank slowly,here4 are some more facts the guy at home depot said my county rep[laced the water pumps and this county has high water preasure . so how can i for one make flaper valve seal beter. and 2 reduce presure to toilet . i made new thread other one was confusieng and long and out dated

raggie33

*the raggedier*
also the dye leaks from the under the rim into bowl i have toilet off 2 see gow much it lose per hour it seems like it stops at a certail level sadly it seem to be way under the corect amount the toilet should be but the mark washed away lol but its like 4 inches under or more under the top of fill tube

B@rt

Flashaholic
fc6a61cd5kh.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
You should be able to decrease the pressure at the shut off valve on the water line to your tank.

LightChucker

Enlightened
raggie,

Remember when I warned you about how expensive it was to own your own home?

It's not just your toilet, if pressure is the problem - it's the whole house.

1. Buy a pressure gauge to tell what your pressure is. (I have one that screws onto any outdoor faucet. I think it should be no more than 80 psi.)

2. Buy a pressure regulator. Solder it in line with the main that feeds your house, and adjust to this setting. (If that is too difficult for you, you will have to hire this done.)

More money down the toilet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Chuck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
raggie,

Remember when I warned you about how expensive it was to own your own home?

It's not just your toilet, if pressure is the problem - it's the whole house.

1. Buy a pressure gauge to tell what your pressure is. (I have one that screws onto any outdoor faucet. I think it should be no more than 80 psi.)

2. Buy a pressure regulator. Solder it in line with the main that feeds your house, and adjust to this setting. (If that is too difficult for you, you will have to hire this done.)

More money down the toilet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]soon as i get roomate im going to be fine right now i am staying above water but a roomate will add more mopney comeing in. but i dont want a roomate so ill jst squeeze buy.remember i dont have to pay rent live ina place thats safe seems like a better choice but you are corect it cost a lot .i have a water presure regulater. but the presure to me seems only high when water is first turned on then it lower a good bit.emapth will that drop presure or just volume?cassue today while at lowes i thought the same thing that it would help but the guy siad it will only release volume.o btw i have 2 toliets now who are ina a lot better shape the new toilets came with crapy flush vavles when replaced with flusmatic they seem to be holding up a lot better.time will tell.im still loseing water thru flaper but only like 1 cup per hour or so and its hot as hect in house perhaps some is evaperting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifnow i only have 1 more tiolet to fix learend hard way cheap toilets cost a lot i read that the best toliet is called a toto.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone had fun with a m80/cherrybomb/salute.
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
toliet.gif

You're welcome to use this one too.
It's 80x80 and 5,297 bytes in length, so it's ready to use as an avatar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did that myself.
had one that was installed when place was built in 69
had a lazy flush that was suspected to be a obstruction or buildup.
i unbolted it and took it out to the driveway.
lifted it over head and spiked it onto the driveway.
the trap was choked down to 1 inch dia by lime buildup.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wont deal with a leakin toilet, its bad enough that they are them Low consumption kind.
so when the rubber is shot on a few parts,i rebuild ALL the rubber parts
and during the last rebuild, the JUNK they had at the store was so BAD, i almost felt like calling a Real Plumber, just so i could get some decent PARTS.

i hope the trend of lightweight plastic, and thin rubber, does not continue in the STOCKED replacement parts in the hardware stores i have avaiable, or i will have to find a ACE somewhere, or somewhere that "market share" and "investor profits" isnt more important, than "usable product"

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
You should be able to decrease the pressure at the shut off valve on the water line to your tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thought. I was going to suggest throttling it down at the main water valve but I forgot that there's a separate valve for the toilet. Go for it, Raggie.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
"goes on rampage smashes every toilet in world" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif No $h!t? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The flapper just has to deal with the pressure due to gravity on the water in the tank, typically about 1 psi. If your flapper leaks, replace it again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif If your float-operated valve isn't shutting-off, you could be looking at a flood! Replacing it is a litle more difficult, and sometimes they can be taken apart in place and the rubber parts replaced. (Fluidmaster) Best of luck, Raggs!

Larry

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
snakebite said:
someone had fun with a m80/cherrybomb/salute.

[/ QUOTE ]
Back when I was in Jr. High, I flushed a lighted cherry bomb down one of those porcelain wall-mounted urinators, but it failed to go off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Good for the urinator, bad for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hmm, probably a defective safety fuse with a break in it somewhere. Actually I'm glad that it didn't go off. A blast could've injured somebody and/or sent you to a detention facility for awhile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
emapth will that drop presure or just volume?cassue today while at lowes i thought the same thing that it would help but the guy siad it will only release volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got to admit I'm not a plumber, nor even play one on TV. I also seriously doubt that a plumber will be working at Lowes. However, he might have access to more experience than I. I've got to admit that I don't see how he's reasoning.

Emapth

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well looks like i have to tolets fixed woohooo.if not at least b there way way beter the one im montiring only went down like 1/4 inch in 2 hours if that.and for a low flow toliet it does ok next time im geting a better toliet man i see so much bad news on the low flow toliets but thease seem to be ok matter fact flush better then my old 1983 toilets did but there flush vaves stink.hoepful;y i can find a cheap toliet with a flusmaster valve for last bath room man what a pain it was had 3 toliets all with leaky flapers they was all old and weird parts replaced hole toliet so it was comaptable for parts, they also leaked pass close of valve or waht ever ya call it even on new vavles i reduced water preusre to hole house seesm ok still for presure also in this process fixed that dang pipe from banging man i hated that pipe. so 1 more tiolet and i got 3 working toliets only one ragggie lol but i hate broken styff specaly when they contrain water.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, can high water pressure keep the toilet's fill valve from closing, despite the rising water pressing upward (quite strongly I would guess) against the float?

I have no idea if it could or not, also just wondering about the reasoning behind the Lowe's guy's statement to ya.