Peak Matterhorn

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
I'm about ready to pull the trigger and get a Peak Matterhorn but I have a few questions.

How much brighter is the 3 Led over the single Led?

How much brighter is the Ultra power compared to the normal power Matterhorn?

Finally, how much does the Ultra shorten the lifespan of the Led and battery?

Thanks everyone.

paulr

Flashaholic
1. Not quite 3x

2. About 2x

3. About 2x battery, unknown effect on led but probably not significant.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ultra single LED. brighter then any other 1xAAA I have seen. when I talked with peak i was told the newest one I got is good bit brighter then the first. I like mine just fine, but will sooner or later get a 3xLED for fun. It also throw's well which I didn't expect, so I imagine the 3xLED would do even better. but I haven't run into a "normal" situation for this type of light the single can't deal with. VDG

paulr

Flashaholic
The SS version looks real nice, but it's heavy and it's not available in the lug style. I have the keychain type, which is longer than the lug type by enough to be a nuisance. The other alternative is the "pocket" type, which has no lanyard hole at all, though maybe someone could make a Kydex sheath for it.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I find my brass Matterhorn 3 LED to be a great light, but it's about twice the weight of the old Arc AAA. For me, it's just too heavy to carry loose in a front pocket, where the Arc and probably a Peak 1 LED will ride unnoticed.

Geoff

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
I find my brass Matterhorn 3 LED to be a great light, but it's about twice the weight of the old Arc AAA. For me, it's just too heavy to carry loose in a front pocket, where the Arc and probably a Peak 1 LED will ride unnoticed.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until recently I have EDC an Infinity Ultra-G. One of the
reasons I'm looking at a Peak Matterhorn is weight as well as physical size. How does the stainless and aluminum Matterhorn compare to an Ultra-G weightwise?

Scimmia

Newly Enlightened
pocketlights.com lists the Infinity Ultra (not G, is there a difference weight wise?) as 1.5oz without battery. They list the aluminum 1 LED Matterhorn as 0.64oz. I'll tell you, with a lithium battery, my Matterhorn is suprisingly light.

hookoo

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Grubbster said:
I agree on the stainless. I have a stainless head with the HA lug body. Best of both worlds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this diffulcult to order/obtain modified like that? Was it a special order via email or something? I may want to do this.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the black HA-III 1xAAA ultra Power 1xLED. It is real light. I wear it on a dog tag chain around my neck don't even notice it. I don't like brass and the silver is good for show, but as a workhorse light it's perfect with a lithium. VDG

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, the thing with lights is that you can never have enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I say buy both!

Some people like lug style, that includes me. It's shorter, it's traditional aaa, and lighter.

With the SS, it's true it will lose it's bling bling and not as scratch resistance as HAIII. Yes it is alot heavier and longer plus it smudges easily with dirty fingers. However, I find the length just right where my little fingers can grab the hex shaped tail while the thumb and index finger work the head. It is a well designed light consist of multiple parts. You can disassemble the light down to even the negative contact. Where you can clean/file easily if your battery ever leaks. On the downside, more tiny things to lose and less water resistance.

Either way, I think it's win win if you like shiny stuff.