• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: LionHeads for LionCubs

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

UPDATE 6-24-05:

The Brass LionHead has just become reality. This is the first one made:

Brass-Lh.jpg

(wheelbarrow not included) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

The LionHeads are in CNC production as I type this, and the first bare (unanodized) units will be shipped to me in about two weeks.

I have ordered the LionHeads in enough quantities that most everyone will be able to equip their Cubs (I shorted the amounts just slightly because usually not Every Single User will get one for every single light) and they will be finished in all materials in which the Cub is offered (including brass!).

Just in case you forgot exactly what the LionHead is all about:

lioncub18.jpg

lioncub36.jpg

Here is Cub/LionHead next to a modified 3D Mag w/Lux3, which has been much heralded for its extreme, laser-like throw:

lioncub29.jpg

lioncub30.jpg

The beamshot on the ceiling 20 feet above is no illusion; the tiny LionHead-equipped Cub has nearly the exact throw characteristics as the much larger Mag Lux3 mod.

In order to keep things simple I am going to stay with one "average" price for all different finishes rather than complicate things by charging more for the anodized ones, less for the bare ones, somewhere in between for the brass ones, etc., even though that is how the actual machining costs were proportioned.

In other words they will be $59 plus shipping regardless which finishes are ordered. Please add $4.30 for domestic Priority Mail, $7 for Canada and $9 for other destinations via Global Priority.

*NOTE: These shipping fees are for up to four (4) Heads, contact me if ordering more than four. Also if you are ordering a mix of bare and anodized Heads, and would like the bare ones shipped as soon as they arrive, please add a second shipping fee for the anodized Heads which will be shipped subsequently after they arrive from spending additional time at the anodizers.

Kindly Paypal the appropriate figure to <font color="blue">mrbulk(at)gmail(dot)com</font> and they will be shipped in order of Paypal receipt dates.

Again, the first LionHeads will begin arriving in about two weeks for the bare machine-finished versions (anodized finishes should be a week or two later), and all that needs to be done then is mate them with their o-rings, reflectors and full-sized UCL lenses.

Then they will be sent straight to you to begin your assault on those frustratingly distant targets you never could reach before.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

vontech

Newly Enlightened
That was really fun! (NOT!) Paypal BROKE when I sent the payment. Took 4 tries, but it finally went through!

Was I the first or second, Charlie?

Tom

Cones

Enlightened
Do we need to add the shipping cost to each head?

If I order 5 heads do I pay $45 for shipping?

Thanks

Mark

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of each would be appreciated!

1 Brass,
1 Bare,
1 black and
1 natural.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif for 1 bare al and 1 brass. Thanks a lot Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cones

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

1 Nat
1 Black
1 Brass
2 ??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

Mark

cynix

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Cones said:
1 Nat
1 Black
1 Brass
2 ??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, so the Lh fits the Toilet Plunger too... hmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk, will there be enough Lh for every LC? i.e., if I don't send money right now, will I miss out?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Uh - let me answer some of the questions first - a single shipping charge should be fine for up to three Heads, MAYBE four, but but I won't know until I have the first ones to see how they fit (just having the one proto ain't gonna help me right now). There is not only the weight, but space considerations to account for. Plus I don't want'em all bumping into each other during the flight over, so padding and stuff will have to fit too, and if I use the next larger packing enclosure the added weight would probably take it up to $5.75 (over one pound and up to two).

For international orders I think the one charge is fine unlessyou order a dozen or something, since I only use the larger tyvek and/or cardboard envelopes (whichever the post office has at the time) and they allow up to four pounds on those I believe.

Money orders are OK, and in fact since you obviously bought something of mine already if you're getting these Lh's, then even a personal check is fine - unless you're in Germany or something and want to send payment in deutschemarks.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif

And yes, if you know what the toilet plunger is you can go ahead and order one to fit that, too...

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
1 brass 59
1 bare 59
1 natural 59
4.3 shipping

$181.30

Damn PayPal! I'm an unverified member and I guess they decided to cut me off unless I give them a bank account.

Charlie, please put me down for the above and I'll work on the PP issue or send a money order by Tues.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Cones said:
I think I may have jumped the gun and overpayed slightly!!!

Thanks

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cones, your Paypal has been REFUNDED. Please resubmit following the tips I wrote in the refund text.

Thanks. To everybody!

Cones

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cones said:
I think I may have jumped the gun and overpayed slightly!!!

Thanks

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cones, your Paypal has been REFUNDED. Please resubmit following the tips I wrote in the refund text.

Thanks. To everybody!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

Again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have I now spent the most on these? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks

Mark