Decoding BINs - SWOKW0036241

pmath

Newly Enlightened
I've just put together my first couple of 3w white cycle lights. But going back through my documentation tonight I think I seem to have a contradiction.

WO is the colour - a good white. Yes?

S is the Bin - 51.7 to 67 the notes say.

K is the forward voltage so range is 3.51 to 3.75.

Testing with a volt recorder on loan from work shows a mega run time on 3 AA batteries with just a resistor for early regulation (40 plus hours).

I am after maximum brightness for overnight randonees, without having to lug brick weight battery packs! These critters are looking good!

Peter

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Yeah, SW0K is not too bad. W0 is one of the whitest bins you can get, a "K" Vf is decently efficient.

You can do better, but you pay a lot more for premium binned emitters, things like TW0J. T's basically a little bit brighter, J is a little bit more efficient.

Any pictures of your lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto Kevin re TW0J or even TWOH. The lower the better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pmath

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the comments. I realised after joining CPF that these are a little conservative - but a nice way to start.

Clues on where to buy TW...s would be appreciated.

Peter

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be honest some LuxI's would probably do just fine for you, and save a lot of money. Some QW0H, QX0H, or even RX0H LED's would be very very bright and probably cost 1/2 as much as their LuxIII counterparts.

my favorite color bin is X0, but dont go telling everyone that, I don't want prices going up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif