What's the third XO3 color?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s the third XO3 color?

And does anyone still sell it? It's the one that's not black or silver (see here). I thought it was black - or at least, i thought that's what it went by - until someone posted a pic that had an actual black one alongside this one.

Re: What\'s the third XO3 color?

Well, I'm pretty sure that Inova only made two colors, black and silver (titanium). Possibly what you may have seen in whatever photo you saw were two black ones with slightly different shades of HA. Just like Surefire lights, you can have different shades of HA, depending upon conditions at the time of their manufacture.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

I bought the black one but I'm pretty sure it was probably just an (wrote alternated, meant altered..edited) photograph. They only sell it in Anodized black and that silver/grey color.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened

I bought the black one but I'm pretty sure it was probably just an altered photograph. They only sell it in Anodized black and that silver/grey color.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I found the photo and sent a PM. Looking again it's the XO, but that still doesn't explain why there are three colors. It's in Banshee's "1 to 2 cell" picture in the Clost/Shelf Queens thread.

Ikonomi

Enlightened

I believe that's the CountyComm custom HA3 X5 in that picture. I have one... But I don't think they've done an XO or an XO3 with that finish.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the XO3 black a "true" black? That picure in the flashlightreview link definitely shows it not being the same color as the mag-lite.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened

The XO3 isn't as deep a black as the mag finish, but, I believe the point is that it is not nearly as reflective. I don't look at it and think "charcoal". It looks black, but its not "polished boot" black either.

Click the pic for full size.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

In banshee's pic, that's an HA Inova X5T. was available thru countycomm last year.

The only multi-colored lights Inova makes, besides the silver and black ones are the X1's that are available thru. Discovery Channel Stores. They have them in red, yellow, green and bliue colored bodies.

-dan