• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Jil DD mod?

jacques

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone try to mod the Jil DD? Cause the tint I've got is a bit yellow and I want to put a new emitter in ,but I found the board is hard to take out.

MY

Enlightened
At first, I thought that the yellow hotspot of my DD was from the donut effect but now I am thinking that it is just a yellow tinted emitter. Does anyone else have a donut in their beam?

Regards.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Jacques.

For taking out the board/convertor from Jil, please take a look at the long-nosed piller in my writeup here. I had used this same pillar for both Jil DD and Jil 1.3w and can easily take out the board/convertor with minimum effort.

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jacques

Newly Enlightened
Thanks AuroraLite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, it help a lot. I will put a TYAK emitter in the Jil, cause I quite like the colour of the YA tinted, it is the tinted what I've got on my Q3. I may using RCR2, so K voltage just in case.

MY, I think is the tinted it make it looks yellow, because I compare with other light I've got it still look YELLOW.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The Jil DD is about as plain and simple as it can get and I say that in the nicest way. Absolutely no frills or electronics to worry about. The weight, size, looks and performance of the Jil DD is awesome. I carry a Jil DD with RCR2 on my keychain.

Latest posts