• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McLuxIII PD with tritium

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well guys I had to try it.
I had a couple of tritium vials left from some glow discs and just had to try one out in my PD.
It is still setting up, so I don't know what if any problems there will be. I will post if any problems arise.

The pic is of the tritium on the head and SF beamshaper.

DSC00227.jpg

mut

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there grooves all around the head that you could place a tritium in each location? Would that be too much and over the top?

Curtis

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curtis, yes you could put them all the way around. I like to make sure I have enough epoxy surrounding the tritium, so in doing that you loose some of the gripping from the fluted area.
That being said it sure would look cool if all of them were filled with a tritium vial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mut

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
What epoxy did you use, mut? I've had a hard time finding Araldite where I am, and I need to fix a tritium vial on my RAW.. and I'll probably be putting a few on my LH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Good job Mut!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haesslich I got some quick setting epoxy at my local radia shack that said it was for fish tanks. Hope that helps.

Mr. Don, thank you sir. I really like having a tritium locater in my EDC lights if possible.

mut

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the Super Glue Gel stuff that Charlie mentioned in the 'fixing tritium to LH' thread some months back, and I have to agree on the usefulness of such things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Acetone will burn the superglue off if I need to refix it, correct? Or some epoxies?