Surefire X200A light circuitry?

stringj

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Surefire X200A last year sometime from a member of this forum. I have been using four 1/5A Ni-MH to power this light but wanted to know if I have other rechargeable options. In particular, does anyone know if two rechargeable Li-ion R123 cells would damage the circuitry?

Jerry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Dang,
I posted to this but I guess never pushed the continue button. The X200A has a buck driver and so far, it is the only such driver for a LuxIII that SF has released in a production light; at least that I can think of. I have no idea what the Vin max is but would be concerned about using it with the 2xLi-Ion without finding out! Perhaps an E-mail to SF will get you an answer. I don't think any of the CPF EE's have broken into the X200 as it is a bit off the beaten path! I have opened quite a few of them for modding but the PCB's are all greek to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Sorry!

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire is getting it's PCB's from Europe?!
Do you think they will be able to arrange for me to tour their production facilities in Greece then?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
SureFire is getting it's PCB's from Europe?!
Do you think they will be able to arrange for me to tour their production facilities in Greece then?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

stringj

Newly Enlightened
Here is the response to my inquiry :
[ QUOTE ]
Sir,
Yes they will damage the light. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.
SureFire Technical Support
1-800-828-8809
714-545-9444
714-545-9537 (Fax)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry