Google may threaten PayPal

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
YeeHaw!!!

I'm a firm believer that competition makes any product better, and when it's backed by a major player like Google, it's a BIG DEAL!

Bill

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is good news. There are lots of people who are fed up with PayPal's "customer service", and generally crappy attitude. I think they are ready for some competition. If Google can provide a secure service and good customer service and policies, I think they could really do some damage to PayPal's stranglehold on online payment.

Peter

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it will be called G-Pal or maybe GayPal. You have to admit it's catchy.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think its good. Google has made some good decisions, and this is included. Look at what they have done to the email business. Its all free and way better. What might they do to online payment systems? Who knows. They are some smart guys running that business, with a sence of humor, so perhaps they can come up with a 'catchy' name. And I too, wish I had bought some stock some time ago. Just looking at a graph of their stock just now, and its incredible what it has done in the year.

Cameron

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much as I appreciate what Paypal has done for me, I wouldn't mind seeing some competition in this area. After all, a monopoly (even a de facto one) starts to behave like one after a while.

What I'm hoping for is that Google can match the breadth of the broad spectrum of Paypal services. Given their international experience and their expertise in high performance services delivery, I don't see why not. After all they succeeded in dropping the ultimate bombshell into Hotmail's world..