Strange question - WWII USMC blanket color?

sotyakr

Enlightened
OK, this is a weird one and a longshot, but here goes...
Does anyone know the color and material (and graphics, if any) of blankets issued by the US Marine Corp during WWII?

A friend who works in the Warner Bros. prop dept. is in desperate need of this info ASAP, so I thought I'd toss it out here. Many thanks to anyone if you have this info!!!

BTW, I found one from an estate sale on eBay, but the seller isn't positive about it's vintage.

DrJ

Enlightened
Apparently it was camo, at least in the Pacific...google(WWII marines blanket) shows b/w picture on first page of links...other pictures are available too...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I *think,* (based on the shrinkage, holes, and hand-sewn tears, they were still issuing them when I was in, in the late '60's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ) They were thin, very-itchy wool, and a very brownish green in color. (Thank somebody for the arrival of the poncho liner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
till i moved i slept under a blanket that was miltary made in 1944 even posted about it when i got it i loved it cause it was warm it was brown

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
How cool is the internet? WWII equipment shows a two-tone wool blanket listed as USMC. That same color scheme appears here also: Vintage military blankets as well as a cream USN/USMC blanket - so the color issued may depend on whether the Marines were serving in the Pacific or Europe.

sotyakr

Enlightened
gregw45,
Thanks a bunch for those links. Who knows, that may just make a certain director's day.