surefire L2

zipit

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to know if the L2 was the brightest bang for the buck. How is it compaired to the Inova T4? If anyone has beamshots that would be great.

cslinger

Enlightened
No beamshots but I own both an L2 and a T3 and the L2 is so much brighter than the T3 it is not even funny.

The T3 is a wonderful and very bright light but is strictly a thrower. It does have a little usable sidespill but not much. It will out throw the L2.

The L2 is a flood light, actually it is a FLOOD LIGHT!!! On high the amount of light it puts out is a sight to behold. Not as much throw but will light a room up like you just turned on a bank of florescent lights.

I am extremely happy with both lights. If I were to eyeball a "lumen" to "lumen" comparison I would say My T3 comes in at around 40 lumens. My L2 has to be mighty close to the claimed 100 lumens or possibly a bit more.

Chris

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you beam the l2 and t4 against the wall at 1 or 2 meters, the T4 would shine through. If you are looking for a good amount of battery life with alot of light, t4 is better, l2 has bad battery life on high. It is a very bright light though, it will light up so much, it is crazy. LOTA OUTPUT! And it looks better.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I agree with everything Chris wrote above... the L2 is a SERIOUS floodlight. I can take it into the back yard and pretty much light up the entire yard by reflecting it off the garage wall!

I just wish the "low" setting was a bit dimmer to save battery life though... as it is it's just a touch too bright for comfortable reading or close up work.

Best wishes,
Bawko

JohnF

Enlightened
L2=flood for sure. It is by far my favorite camping lite, low beam lights up the path at night with tons-o-lite just a press or twist away if the going gets tough.

Mine is a tad on the green side on low (Lux lottery), but many say that indicates better brightness for equal battery life?

All in all, it is a great light, love the clip for pocket use.

John F