Black Mag85 - What to use to touch up?

DreamScape

Enlightened
Hi Guys & Girls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would be grateful for your advice/wisdom.
I have a few nicks and dings on my black mag85, as we all have or will have. I know it's part of the character etc.
I was bored so I got thinking on what I could use to touch up the chips, dings, scratches, marks and nicks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

What is best to use to blend into/cover up the chips on the Black HAII finish?

Black Nail Polish
Black Car/Bike Paint Touch up stick (which Model)
Black Permanent Marker Pen
Black High Temperature Paint

I've done a few searchs to no avail so far.

I look forward to your thoughts and Thanks in advance

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I've tried all of the above at some point and all of them are unable to match the finish of the HA11.

In fact IMHO the Permanent Marker pen is the worst of the lot (I know that a lot of you will disagree so no flaming please!) However, I have been experimenting, with good results, on using matt black BBQ paint for aluminum surfaces. You have to clean and key the surface and then bake it on, but the results look nice and the finish seems quite durtable. I've not used it on a flashlight body but have an old AA Minimag which is looking rather battered and worn. I will probably do that first and then (If)it turns out all right post pictures for your comments?

Doug

juancho

Enlightened
You could try the same stuff that is used to touch up the anodizing of scopes.
Birchwood Casey gloss black.

superblack.jpg

DreamScape

Enlightened
Late in tonight.
Excellent, thanks for your comments guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

dougmccoy - using matt black BBQ paint for aluminum surfaces sounds a cracker and look forward to seeing your results. Will give this a go too shortly after my Holiday. Thanks dougmccoy.

juancho & scudinc - Got to check this one out too.
I have done a very quick search on the net and see the pens are around $5-$6. Can't see anywhere in the UK yet.
Thanks both.

Anyone in the UK get hold of this pen that juancho has gratefully brought to attention??

davidra

Enlightened
And now the toughy....what do you use for HAIII natural? I just got an Arc AA which has several gaps I'd like to touch up.