Streamlight Jr. Luxeon... AGAIN.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't seem to recall anyone talking about two things.

I found one locally, and actually had the cash to buy it.

I never remember talk that it had an optic.

I also don't remember UGLY blue, since I have a Lambda LuxIII drop in.

In some situations so far, it's a nice enough light. But it hasn't much spill (ain't reflectors great?), and the blue ain't so bad sometimes either.

Against my Madmax+ (which usually wears a M*g C/D reflector as a sort of Frankenstein!) with the NX05 optic, the Madmax beam is better, but the Jr. is brighter and whiter. Against the Lambda through the NX05, the Jr. looks quite blue.

I would never recommend not buying one. But if you can get hold of a Lambda or Sammie with a LuxIII and reflector, you really owe to yourself!

At least now I know what it's all about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I gave one to my daughter, Carolyn, at Xmas. It is nice and white, decently bright too.

Bill

Analog

Newly Enlightened
Mine was very white, but ended up in the bottom of a river on a fishing trip. Haven't taken the time to get another one, I really liked that light.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Jr. Luxeon has a slight green tint to it.

I have 2 Propolymer 1 Watt Luxeons. Both have slight green tints to both of them.

It was not very noticeable until I compared the lights to one of my other lights that has a whiter tint.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
When I DON'T compare other lights to it... It isn't bad at all, and does put out a flood at reasonable distance.

It's when I do compare that I find things to be critical about.

It really is a pretty nice light (and has a WAY better tint than my Madmax+!)

I will eat a bit of crow now....

dim

Enlightened
Playboy -

I've bought 5 SL Jr. Luxs.

The tints were across the board from green to purple with white in between and one DOA. I've reviewed them HERE.

dim

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Sorry to raise this post from the grave yard, but do any of you own first generation Jr. Luxeons? If so you can easily open up the front bezel (everything screws together (collimator cap screws to front bezel, reflector ring screws into front bezel and regulator board can pop out with the LED on it)) and you can swap the Luxeons in and out to get favorable ones. If you can find a R or S bin Luxeon I white LED ( last I checked sandwich shoppe had several available) you can swap out the stock LED and throw it into a spare parts bin and solder in the new one. The regulator also doesn't seem to mind the higher forward voltage bin of a J-bin (voltage) Luxeon I. The advantage is about twice the original output from the same battery power and regulator and a slightly wider beam if you drop in a high dome LED instead of a low dome one. I just completed doing this on my Jr. Luxeon and mistakenly shined it in one of my eyes to see how bright it was and temporarily blinded that eye (for like an hour):ohgeez:. Also rechargeable batteries work really well in the Jr. Luxeon.