• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 3xRed/Orange 2C Mag 300 *WITHDRAWN*

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I made one of these just to see how bright it is and it is bright! I don't need it anymore though and it would be too much trouble for me to salvage the parts so I'm putting this up for grabs. Designed for use with 2 LiIon cells, it will also work with 3 regular 123 cells as well (maybe rechargeable as it isn't being driven at full spec and the current draw might bring them down in voltage but I haven't tested so I don't know) - it probably will not work with 2 regular cells. No batteries are included though. Anodizing has been almost all removed in the tailcap so it is possible to use 18650 cells without any modification (you might just need something to help the -'ve of the battery make contact with the tailcap - i just used a piece of wire and it works fine).

- 3 G2G binned Red/Orange Stars
- Fatman regulator set to 1 amp output
- 3 x 20mm reflectors
- UCL lense
- 2C Mag Host
- PTS Tri-sink adapter

If you want to salvage the parts or replace the regulator to improve output go right ahead - there is still another 400mA to go before these are fully driven, 1 amp is just the limit of the fatman. I'm guessing these are probably putting out at least 100 lumens per star (300 total), probably a bit more.

Asking is $79 + shipping to Canada/USA - no international on this one please - I've had bad luck recently shipping larger packages internationally. Thanks, first I'll take it gets it. Non-CC PayPal to danielsmith [at] gl.yorku.ca, CC-PayPal to dansmith [at] yorku.ca (+4%)

Shipping: Canada/USA is $10 regular post, $20 express

rscanady

Enlightened
Re: FS: 3xRed/Orange 2C Mag 300+ lumens $99

How did you isolate the stars from contacting the return path of the flashlight, I thought the bias was reversed on these from the normal stars? I killed one of the R/O emitter I got from you mounting it on an O-sink? I have a DB converter set to 1.4amps and want to run a tri R/O setup in a 2D on 3 C cells (parallel the stars).

Ryan

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 3xRed/Orange 2C Mag 300+ lumens $99

I didn't know I had to do anything special - I just wired it up like any other 3 star mod I've done - they are wired in series on a PTS, haven't had to do anything at all to keep it from shorting out though...

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 3xRed/Orange 2C Mag 300+ lumens

fatman 2 can output 1300mA usualy w/o a problem.. i put 1300mA into 4 series UX1Ls from (3) series LiON.

all lux's need to be isolated from ground based on lumiled's specs, but normally you'll have the isolation you need by 1) using arctic alumina epoxy to mount things and 2) the anodizing on the mag host.

the fatman needs a 'hack' to use with (3) lions.. it would be pretty risky to try to use (3) R123s even though under load they would have a lower voltage than the max of the fatman.. i melted 2 fatmen in the learning curve on that one.

$79 is a deal for this light.. anybody with a use for R/O lighting should snap it up.. that' probably cheaper than the parts.

-awr