Flashlights found at Eddie Bauer

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wandering around with my wife at Eddie Bauer and noticed that they are now carrying an EB branded version of this Dorcy light Dorcy Luxeon

The only difference I could see (other than having EB's name on it) was that the tailcap has been changed to give a mounting point for a lanyard.

It's a good solid little light though a bit of a battery pig.

The_virus

Enlightened
I wonder if the EB version still has the secondary strobe function? This is a pretty good light, one of my brighter Luxeon lights. How about the price, does EB mark it up to make you pay for their name or is it a fair price?

I'll check my local EB and see if they have these yet. Thanks for the heads up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_virus said:
I wonder if the EB version still has the secondary strobe function? This is a pretty good light, one of my brighter Luxeon lights. How about the price, does EB mark it up to make you pay for their name or is it a fair price?

I'll check my local EB and see if they have these yet. Thanks for the heads up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has the strobe. It really does appear to be the exact same light (functionally speaking). Price was somewhere in the $35-40 range, sorry I don't remember exactly.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
It is a decent light. I got mine for $17 when word got out it was on closeout at Target a few weeks ago.

I'm just a flash-noob, but for my first 1W Luxeon experiance, I learned very quickly how LED's are now "serious" light tools, and are not just for key-chain lights anymore.

You can get a two-pack of these same exact OEM lights under a different brand with a sligtly better body style than the Dorcy, (Anti roll notches in the bezel, and a lanyard on the tail) at Sam's Club in the sporting goods asile, IIRC, they're running about $26 for a pair.

Pair of 1W Luxeon Dorcy clones at Sam's