MadMax WO vs NG 1000 vs RCR2 DD to 3W?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know how an MM WO and an NG 1000 would compare in brightness with same emitter and reflector/optic.

I know the MM WO is partially regulated so maybe what I need to know is what the Vf of a MM WO on a fresh cell is. I did search for this but the search function basically returned every main post in the H/M forum. I couldn't find the info on the Shoppe site either.

I have a light with an MM WO. The only thing I've seen that is significantly brighter is an Orb RAW.

TIA

-------------

- Jeff

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Icebreak.

The only BBNG1000 that I have is in a PM6 body(with Pila), and the MM+ WO is working in a Minimag body(both TxxJ bin); so I can't say I know the direct answer to the question but--

IIRC, MM+ W0 will drive the lux III at ~800ma at the very beginning, MM lite at around 350ma, and MM WO should be somewhere in between. In terms of NG1A vs MM WO brightness, I would think NG1A should be significantly brighter than MM WO given the same parameters. But when compared to MM+ WO, then it probably will not be as noticeable in smaller reflector(such as 17 IMS).

AFAIK, MM series are boost board, so the job for the board should be to boost up the voltage to the Vin of the lux(not an EE person, anyone corrects me if I am wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, AuroraLite.

The light I have with the MM WO is a BlackBird.

I have a custom light running 4XAA with a (I believe the builder said) DownBoy 750. It's quite nice and bright and was my only single 3W for a long time. Before I got the BlackBird I thought I might sell the BlackBird when I recieved it to finance an Aleph 2 with NG 1000. Once the BlackBird showed up I was surprised that it was much brighter than the custom 4AA DB 750.

After reading your post I'm beginning to question whether or not I have my facts straight about the board in the BlackBird.

Basically, I don't want to sell this and get another light that is only slightly brighter.

Looks like I have a little more research to do.

Thanks for your help.

---------------

- Jeff