Woman Attacked by Dogs...had flashlight

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Just now my Dad was leaving for work and I notiuced that there were 3 large dogs outside (about German Shepard size) so I told him to wait a bit while they left up the street. our street has no streetlights so I was shining them with my QUAD Mag...they didn't like it, it kept them away. I watched them walk up the street. By this time my Dad was in his truck. Then I heard the dogs bark, I turned and saw them lunge at a woman who was walking her dog. When they went for her I heard an alarm and it scared the dogs away. She was coming down the street and I asked her if she was alright. She said yes and we got to talking and I asked her about her flashlight. It was a rather large normal incan, but it had a neat feature. The alarm came from the flahlight! It seems liek a neat feature to have. She also commented on how bright my flashlight was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was my adventure for the day...

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
ernsanda, now that you mention it I remember that it was also a stun gun. On the outside it was kind of rectangular, let me see if I can find one like it on-line...

Found a pic:

littleflash.jpg

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I had to check out that website. They get $56 for that light right there. But its only an 80,000V stun. I guess they are normally more. It runs on one 9V battery, so I guess you can expect much for run time on the light and a 130db alarm. Then you can bump up the version to the three 9V battery light. 200,000V stun and better runtime I would suspect, this one is $79. Did you get to actually see the light on? Was it that bright? Looks like an interesting light for under $100.

Cameron

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had something kind like that long ago but cheaper looking quaility. It didn't work very good. The girl I was seeing at the time zapped me with it a couple of time. It really stung but was not a true defensive tool. It had two spikes that carried the current, the spikes hurt more than the shock.

I thinks it would be a good idea to have a combo like this that works. Ya only got two hands, one of the hands might as well do double duty.

Did I already say that something like this made top quality would be a good idea?

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Geologist said:
Thanks for the link - I didn't know you were hot-linking to the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh ohhhhh, someone help him change it before sasha finds out!

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
The girl I was seeing at the time zapped me with it a couple of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm...ok I'll bite...WHY?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif
LoL

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The girl I was seeing at the time zapped me with it a couple of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that just before the restraining order? or shortly thereafter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
What kind of things were you up to that she had to zap you John?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Haha, she had a mean streak!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing...really. She wanted to see if it worked. I said "ouch" really loud when she zapped me.

She asked if I was supposed to have fallen down from that. When I wasn't looking she zapped me again.

She then saw her older brother and chased him with it. She finally got to zap him later with the same effect.

I don't see this female anymore.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now about this flashlight with shocker.

I wonder if anyone has tried to make something like this in top quality.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I used pepper spray successfully on a large attacking dog. Stopped him in his tracks, he spun around a few times and ran away. I was very surprised by its effectiveness.

Brightnorm

chrisse242

Enlightened
What I'd like to see as a personal defense tool is a combined pepper spray (better foam or gel) /Flashlight. Like the tigerlight but shaped like a handgun. The light could be activated by the base of the thumb (1911 saftey style) the spray by a conventional trigger. Light (lux3 /17mm reflector perhaps) and spray nozzle would be located on top of each other.

Big dogs can be scary. Some years ago my mom was chased by two mastinos while walking our dog. In Panic she threw one of her shoes on one of them and ran away. Luckily one of our neighbors heard her screams and pulled her into his house. They had the police coming with slings but the heads of those beasts where too big to go through. They called for another car with an MP5, just when they where about to shot the dogs, the owner appeared. "They just want to play". Yeah, of course...

Chrisse