Longbow problems

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My lanyard broke a month and a half ago and I tried to call Longbow to get it replaced. 5 days in a row, they werent there. It took them a week to call back. Then, I talked to them by E-mail, and they said that they would replace it. It has been 30 days since, and its still not here. I dont think they ever sent it. I E-mailed them 5 days ago, and, of course, they havent replied. I am very dissapointed.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the Lanyard on the Longbow made of? Is it any different or unique in anyway than other lanyards? I don't recall a lanyard on mine.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is spray-painted plastic, or cheap metal. It is the hook type, you just hook into the hole.

-David

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two longbows have been sitting in their boxes for a long time. I am going to have to go take a look at them. My memory on this might be going. Have they always come with lanyards?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
My lanyard broke too. It was a few months ago when my brother tried to pull the flashlight from my hand, and he pulled the lanyard and broke it. Cheapo, does your lanyard say "LongBow` Arizona"? The hook broke, and I didnt really examine it until now. It doesnt look like plastic, but some kind of metal, but probably a weak one. Is it possible to replace it? Or weld it together?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! that is weird. My brother tried to take mine too, while it was hooked to my belt-loop, then it broke. My hook broke too, and it does say Longbow Arizona. I'll try to weld mine together.

-David

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be more surprised if... Your Brothers & You two are of same age respectively /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How can a "Metal" Hook Break ? .... it cant'b be that weak .... that just pulling up would break it... must have great force applied to it....

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replaced my LB lanyards with spectra cord, etc. in a Berkeley Point group buy we had a while back. Blows them away for strength, yet much lighter. Too bad I tossed my LB lanyards out, or I'd give 'em to you.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
I would be more surprised if... Your Brothers & You two are of same age respectively /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How can a "Metal" Hook Break ? .... it cant'b be that weak .... that just pulling up would break it... must have great force applied to it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there wasnt that much force used. And I am pretty sure it is plastic in a metalic color. How can you say that there must have been alot of force used, because the hook can't be that weak if TWO people have already said that theirs broke. Doesnt that tell you something about the quality? Do you have a longbow? If so, you'de know that the metal/plastic is weak, if you dont have a longbow, than take our word for it when we say it is of bad quality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

-David

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got home and took a look at mine. It seems I dont have lanyards with mine. I didn't think I did. I bet I got mine before there were lanyards.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because we already have a string, so we may as well attach the hook that lighthound sells. He is great to deal with I might add.

-David

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
Thats ok.But if the lanyards broke again I would prefer to get a bether one.Maybe lighthound have bether ones.?
Reidar

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I think the metal on the clip is zinc- let me go check if it sticks to a magnet. It dosnt- i think it's cast zinc, which is a weak metal.

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
I dont have a Longbow,so I dont know the quality of the Lanyard ,but I think there should be someone who know where to get bether ones .
If I have some problems with products several times ,I prefer to find a bether one,even if it cost me alot of money.

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
How would you know if it is better?

-David

[/ QUOTE ]
If I broke several Lanyards from the same produsent,I woud try to find another one and test it.I think there should be someones, who know about bether ones.Maybe there is Lanyards made of Stainless Steel