Mr. Bulk - CR2 Lion Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorphous

Enlightened
"But I myself will be doing a CR2 tube run after this project is over. Stay tuned for that one as we move ever closer to a keychain-sized light that still possesses the same Lion-series features... " ~ Mr Bulk

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alright, the line starts here.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulk Raw U bin.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Sheesh guys, what is WITH these self-starting lists? They're poppin' up like WEEDS, I tell ya! You gotta gimme some VACATION time first

okay vacation over. Sheesh.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Anyway I plan to make'em the same diameter as the rest of the Cub, no waist and no flared tail since it'll be so short anyways. Might even do away with the bands of knurling since it's not a "twisty"-style light, and would simply be smooooth-sided just like the...well, You know which one I'm talking about.

I will have to get a new spring made of course, and an o-ring, etc., and it will fit the LionHeart as well but in the same fashion as the Cub's R123 tube, meaning you'd have to remove the o-ring to screw it on all the way.

But the Big Burning Question is - lanyard hole or not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
does it loes brightness?id imagine it would have to since it is way smaller battery/?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be more interested in the 150 size vs CR2 size body.. my feelings.. the CR2 will not put the kind of power we've grown accustomed to into an emitter.. i noticed on my lionheart that i get about 25% more light when i use a 18650 battery vs the 150A pila.. the R123 and the CR2 will definitely not output the same light.... so my 'vote' would be for a smaller reflector.. maybe the IMS17 or a custom 19mm or whatever would work nice with the CR2 size.

-awr

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
5:13am Proof that Charlie doesn't sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifThe man is a machine. Luckilly he's a machine that designs and builds and then sells flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shane

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping this light in the pocket light, is light ON the pocket as well....

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
But the Big Burning Question is - lanyard hole or not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Vacation time? we doneed nostinkin vacationtime.
MrBulk. It must have a lanyard hole. Eitherway I am in.

Yaesumofo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
lanyard hole is definitely a good idea.. you can always turn it around to the other side to 'make it purdy' if you have to.. the ability to keep a little light from dropping off a cliff when that would be decidely bad.. it's hard to put a value on that.

-awr

MY

Enlightened
A lanyard hole is an absolute requirement for me - especially for very small lights.

While the Orb RAW is a very neat light, the lack of a lanyard hole is a big liability for me. The lanyard loop attachment has never worked well for me. On the other hand the Jil Rev has a lanyard hole, and all things being equal, is the one that I EDC.

The lesson here is for me to actually use the light, it must have a lanyard hole. So my suggestion is to make a Jil sized CR2 Mr. Bulk light - - with a lanyard hole!!!!

Regards.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also vote for this to have the lanyard hole... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just make sure the slot is the same size so I can put my small tritiums in the slot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If there isn't a lanyard hole, then maybe a slot specifically for the tritium would also work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.