• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired UWOJ bin search **DONE FOR NOW**

RchGrav

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I finally got one of the U bin RAW's (UYOJ) but would really like to compare it with one of the later UWOJ's.

I'm hoping someone will part with one for me. With a charger and battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I pieced it together what I wanted on an acceptable level, so for now I'm done.

Thank you everyone!!

Rich

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: Orb Raw w/ UWOJ <-- More details inside.

UWOJ? I didn't even know Rob had any of these - unless people have been buying U-binned stars and modding them for themselves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RchGrav

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB: Orb Raw w/ UWOJ (somebody!)

No, towards the end there were UWOJ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm. I'll have to ask 4sevens if he got the UYOJ or UWOJ then - let me check...

Looks like a WO light here, though the color differences between even two WO lights (an Aleph 3 and a HA NAT LH) make me wonder about that. Could be a YO as well, since the color's relatively close to that of the bare Al LH I've got here.

RchGrav

Newly Enlightened

I picture YO like a "HID Blue" color (haven't actually seen it yet) and WO just being "White" at least at its target brightness. I'm making these assumptions by the CIE-1931 color chart and the lumileds binning guide. Who knows I may end up liking YO better too. The YO is being sent to me monday from a RAW in poor condition w/ water damage, no battery or charger. One emitter will be CAREFULLY extracted and become my EDC. The other will be left in one nice U bin Raw.

I'm going to just keep persistantly looking for a UWOJ to compare against & hope someone comes through for me. I'll owe them one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm having problems figuring out if mine's WO or YO, due to the way colors range between even the same color-bin, as noted above.

Two lights which were built with WO LEDs seem to have little in common, tint-wise, while the YO-binned LH I have has a similar tint to the Orb RAW I have. I personally like the tint of the RAW here for the way the colors seem more natural than some of my other WO lights, which are a creamier color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the HID blue of the YO's. Ive got a Q3 that came with an SYO*, i cant remember the last code but it is noticably more blue than my other Q3 which is a tiny bit green. I imagine that in U-bin's it's harder to tell because the brighter it is the whiter it looks.

I.E.: an SYOL will look FAR more blue than a UYOL will.

Shane

RchGrav

Newly Enlightened

Well, YO doesn't sound that bad. At least the Y doesn't stand for Yellow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know these emitters are tough to find, but I'm going to try to keep looking until I do.

Hopefully the right person will see this post.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aye. I found my Q-III is very blue, so it's probably got a SYO or SYA-binned LuxIII in it.

Also, I tested out all my LuxIII's last night by finding the darkest place where I live, a white wall, and an assortment of objects to shine them at. My RAW is likely a WO, but with a tinge of yellow which makes the color closer to natural sunlight than my other WOs which either have just a hint of cream to their tints, or verge towards the pink a little. The other LH, which IS a YO, is definitely a cooler, bluer light of the HID style. The normal ORB is a WO as well, but with a yellowish tint to it, if not as pronounced as a V1 binned Lux.

(free bump)