This one is for the ladies - Lipstick Light

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife was cleaning out stuff under the sink and handed me a bunch of stuff to 'toss'. One of those things was a lipstick with a clear top. <font color="red">MUST RESIST TEMPTATION TO MOD </font> . Oh well, I tried. Inside this little bugger are 3x 40mAh Ni-MH button cells, a circuit from a small flashing device, a charger port, and a 20kmcd White.
There is a resistor before the circuit lo limit LED current to about 9mA (on a 20K, it is still BRIGHT). The button on the top cycles between OFF/ON/FLASH (about 1hz). The top is sealed with green glow poxy. And there is some hot glue in the top of the clear case, this acts as a difusser when the lid is on.

At 10mA these 40mAh batteries should last quite a while. I am going to make the charger out of a small case with the plug on the top so you can just stand it on top to charge it. I am thinking 3x 'AA' batteries. BTW how would one set up to charge these little batteries? mabyee resistored with inital draw of 5-10mA?

Anyway, once the charger is done I will most likely be posting this on BST. The ultimate in covert inconspicious light-wear.

Jeff

lip12bt.jpg
lip24cr.jpg
lip36fh.jpg
lip43ts.jpg
lip51kk.jpg

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted to do something with the twist on/off/dimming. But after getting into it and looking at the realestate avail after the batteries, I took the easy way out.
Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac, the blinker circuit was from a locar liquidator store (dollar store on steroids). they had these lighted bracelets for $1. about 1/4 was clear hard plastic with the circuitry and the rest was a clear silicone type material. A little board trimming and some fine wire soldering and there ya go.
Jeff