Which is the best option for VG fb1?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could have her modded and brought to 700ma and then add a reflector and lux III and run it on R123s. Or I could add a F2 head and put in a BOG drop-in, then run it off of R123s. Which would have better battery life. Which is brighter?

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

seattlite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
I could have her modded and brought to 700ma and then add a reflector and lux III and run it on R123s. Or I could add a F2 head and put in a BOG drop-in, then run it off of R123s. Which would have better battery life. Which is brighter?

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The combination I prefer, that I feel offers good throw, flood, and portability is a FB1/Aleph 1 head/Lux V/BB750/RCR123. I would put that F2 head on a FB2 or a 2x123 E-Series body and run a P91 with 2xRCR123(unprotected...I know, only use protected cells..blah, blah....but it works...and is BRIGHT). Below are some pictures of the varous combos.

KL4/E1E body; A2-TXOJ-Wiz2 1000/FB1; A1-VXOS-BB750/FB1; F2 head/FB1
VF_FB1.jpg

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you running in that F2 head? And the Aleph heads, how much did they set you back?

-David

seattlite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
What are you running in that F2 head? And the Aleph heads, how much did they set you back?

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

I only attached the F2 head onto a FB1 to show fit and size. I bought the F2 as a complete light(FB2, F2 head), $62 from Lighthound

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could fit in a drop-in. But you'de need rechargeables.

-David

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved my fb-1/aleph 2 /wiz2-520 until the LE died. I ran it on unprotected lions and got about 75 min runtime. I recently traded it, I'm sure I'll miss this combo.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the VG FB1 body. You can make short and cute lights that are surprising bright. The standard VG head can be used with the FB1 body and powered by a RCR123A cell it is bright and has a decent run time. Then you can take the head off another light with an Aleph head and put it on the VG body. And the standard trick is to take a Surefire KL4 head and screw it on the VG body. They become short, sweet and bright lights.

fblights0lr.jpg

My favorite VG FB1 light is not really a pocket carry light. But I carry a soft sack, my purse, to work with me so the light is perfect for me. It is a FB1 body, Aleph3 head, Downboy 917 powering a Lux 3 emitter. Mind you not an ordinary T-series emitter but a magic, and white, UX1J emitter. Fully charged the little light gets a lux reading at 1 meter of 4710. It is a cute and potent light.

fbfavorite4nk.jpg

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trueblue, you are loaded! You should post those beamshots you sent me. Or I could do it for you. To Show off that sweet pocket-rocket!

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
see, he is loaded with that beauty aleph III.

-David