Pelican M6 vs M6 LED vs M6 3W LED

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend who wants a flashlight with maximum brightness and throw for minimum cost.

I have an old style Incadescent Pelican M6 and was wondering how it woulld compare to the 1W and 3W Luxeon models.

Also, if anyone has any other reccomndations, that would be great. He says he'd prefer something actually brighter than the M6, but is that possible without a huge step up in cost? Hes prepared to go to maybe $125

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recomment the PM6 3w. HAIII is pretty cool. Good throw and battery life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-David

Greg

Newly Enlightened
I think it really depends on what he wants, the LED on the 3W is really white in colour and I was surprised at the output. However, it is less than the PM6 incan.

If he wants something with a lot of output in a small package, why doesn't he get a Surefire G2 with a 200 lumen lamp assembly and place 2 rechargeable cr123 batteries in there. I have heard of many people who were happy with that light.

Greg

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
StainlessSteel said:
The M6 your friend needs is the SUREFIRE m6 =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for $125 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM6 incand will give much better throw and output than the led models.

My opinion says that the order is this:

PM6 Incandescent > PM6 LED Lux 3 > PM6 LED Lux 1

If he want sheer output, get standard PM6 incand.

If he want sheer output and can spend a little more money, get a Surefire C3 and put the HOLA on it (200 lumens or so). Or save some money and get a Surefire 9P with HOLA

NightLite

Newly Enlightened
I have a G2 with P91 and unprotected rechargeable, good output but no throw, my G2 with BOG 3W throws better but my Strion throw like crazy!

Turboman7

Newly Enlightened
I agree with pipesmoker. The Strion throws like crazy. It has a rechargeable Li-Ion battery and a 2.5 hour fast charger. Ultimate in guilt free lumens, besides it's small and a great EDC light. I've seen some on ebay for as low as 59.99 without charger.

oklalawman

Enlightened
I have a incadescent and a 1 watt m6. The led is my favorite cause it has adequate throw for walking in the woods at night and I was amazed at how mucj light it put out. Battery life is awesome. I will be buying a 3 watt soon though.
For compact thrower I have a TL-3 175 lumens and good for at least 200 yards.