***Nuwai Q-III in HA3***

blog

Newly Enlightened
eTendue is selling a Nuwai Q-III in HA3. The complete HA3 Nuwai Q-III is $65.

He sells the incomplete HA3 Bezel, Body, Tail Cap for $29. What are the minimum list of componets I need to complete this flashlight at a minimal price? Can it be done for much less than $65 or is it better to just purchase the complete flashlight for $65?

I would like to hear feedback from those who have purchased the HA3 Nuwai Q-III.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, nuwai HA3, that is truely amazing.

-David

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get the parts for 30 and try and find a complete non-HA3 light for 30, I guess. If I did that, I'd spend the last 5 bucks on lye, strip the color off the other Q3 and have one in HA, one in bare AL...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they'd take a little more time and fix the circit as well. Improving the outside is fine, but its the circuit that is the heart of the light my opinion says.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
I wish they'd take a little more time and fix the circit as well. Improving the outside is fine, but its the circuit that is the heart of the light my opinion says.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to directly-drive mine (when it arrives), and use ViReN's copper heat sink. In this way, the outside is improved, and the inside is improved!

Galiphrey

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
blog said:
I would like to hear feedback from those who have purchased the HA3 Nuwai Q-III.

[/ QUOTE ]

The finish is far from perfect, but I still think it's cool, and a definite improvement over the original. The natural HA seems to reveal some underlying imperfections in the metal, like those funny lateral lines, which you can actually see in a stock Q-III, too, but you have to look harder. Here are some pictures:

zubuf.500x500.jpg

bfdmh.500x500.jpg

Donovan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Fumin_Lumen said:
[ QUOTE ]
I wish they'd take a little more time and fix the circit as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and Ye shall receive

http://www.etendue.net/UsePage/luxeondiy/Goods/GoodsDetail.php?goo_id=368

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly does this replacment circuit do?? The biggest "flaw" to me with the Q3 is this "reversed" switch. A normal clicky with a low light mode would make the Q3 almost perfect!

blog

Newly Enlightened
Should I spend $65 on the HA Q3 or buy a KL1 for my E1? Only problem with upgrading my E1 is, I also need a clickie. Is there a 3W aftermaket drop in for the E1? Does the aftermarket E1 clickie drop in work? Is it reliable?

Dadof6

Enlightened
Who sells the QIII in a HA3. I would love to get one. If anyone can help on this I'd appreciate it.